Troubleshoot or learn more about situations where the HTC One (M8) may not turn on, may show less than 0% battery life, or may not boot to Home screen. Other symptoms may include unresponsiveness, a blank screen, and/or the power key may appear to not work.
To fix the power problems, follow the steps that match your device symptoms:
Device does not boot to Home screen or enters debug mode
- Press and hold the Power and Volume up keys for a full 10 seconds. The device should boot up.
- If this does not work the first time, connect the device to a charger and try again.
Battery shows less than 0% charge level
- Plug device into the provided HTC wall charger that came with the device.
- Charge the device until the LED indicator glows solid red.
- Attempt to turn on the device on as usual. If it will not turn on, press and hold the Power and Volume up keys for 10 seconds while still on the charger.
Battery is fully charged, but the device does not turn on
Plug device into the provided HTC wall charger that came with the device.
Press and hold the Power, Volume up and Volume down keys for 1 - 2 full minutes. The battery should re-calibrate and the device will then turn on.