Use these steps to use text to speech to have messages read out loud on the HTC One (M8).
- From any Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap the Compose icon.
- Choose one of the following options for entering the message recipient:
- Tap the Contacts icon to select one of your Contacts.
- To the left of the desired contact, tap the check box to select the check box.
- Tap Done.
- Tap the Enter recipient field and enter the recipient's phone number.
- Tap the Enter message field.
- Tap the Microphone key.
- Speak the desired text. You will be automatically directed back to the keyboard when you stop speaking.
- When finished, tap the Send icon.
Text to speech settings
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Language & Keyboard.
- Perform one of the following options:
- Adjust the speech rate:
- Tap Text-to-speech output.
- Tap speech rate.
- Select the desired option.
- Tap Language.
- Select the desired language.