Learn how to wipe the HTC One (M8) using the hardware keys. If the HTC One (M8) is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the HTC One (M8) storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- Press and release the Power key to turn the phone on.
- Continue holding the Volume Down key.
- Release the Volume Down key when the three Android images appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Press the Volume Down key once to move the cursor from FASTBOOT to RECOVERY.
- Press the Power key to begin the wipe. The device displays the bootup screen followed by a phone with a red triangle.
- Press and hold on the Power button.
- Press and release the Up Volume key.
- Release the Power button.
- Press the Down Volume key three times to select Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to initiate the wipe. Wait until the phone displays 'Cache wipe complete'.
- Press the Power key to select Reboot system now.