You have our sincerest condolences during what must be a difficult time right now.
Losing a loved one, whether a friend or family member, is never easy. We want to help you with their account as quickly as possible so you can attend to other affairs. If someone has passed away, you can either close their account or keep the same mobile number under a new account.
Closing the account
The best thing for you to do in this situation is to call T-Mobile Customer Service at 1-877-746-0909 (or dial 611 from a T-Mobile phone). TTY service is also available for hearing and sight impairment by calling 1-877-296-1018. For security reasons, we ask that only a family member or friend listed as an authorized user on the account call us.
For the quickest resolution, it's best to have some information on hand before calling us:
- Name of the person on the account
- Their mobile phone number
- Date of death
- Last 4 digits of the deceased customer's Social Security number
If you're a friend or family member of the deceased, but you were not added as an authorized user, you'll need to send us the cancelation request by mail.
You'll need to mail a copy of one of the following forms of documentation with your request:
- Copy of death certificate
- Electronic link to memorial website
- Obituary (electronic or paper)
- Copy of memorial
- Attorney / legal estate documents
- Other reasonable documentation
Also, you need to include:
- Name on the account
- Account number and/or mobile number
- Name of deceased, their relationship to you, and your contact information
- Social Security number, if available
- Company letterhead (if it's a business account)
If the deceased is from the US, please mail your request to:
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380
If the deceased is from Puerto Rico, please mail your request to:
T-Mobile Executive Customer Relations
PO Box 191957
San Juan, PR 00919-1957
Keeping the number
If you'd like to continue service with the same mobile number and mobile device previously owned by the family member that passed away, please call T-Mobile Customer Service at 1-877-746-0909 (or dial 611 from a T-Mobile device) and let us know. We can discuss the options available to you.