Troubleshoot problems with GPS (Global Positioning System) or map apps on the phone.
Keep the following in mind:
- When turning on GPS initially, it can take up to five minutes for the phone to find the GPS location.
- It takes longer for the GPS to connect if the sky is obscured by clouds, rain, trees, roofs, etc.
- Outdoor locations provide better accuracy for GPS. Indoor locations may make it harder to find your GPS location as there is not a clear view of the sky.
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
- Check the following:
- Open a webpage in the browser, such as Google or Bing.
If you can't, the problem is your data connection. Go to: No Internet troubleshooting.
- Open the app store on the phone.
- Check for any updates to your map apps, and install them.
- Turn off your phone.
- Wait five seconds, and turn on your phone again.
- Test the GPS. If you're still having problems, continue to the next step.
- Perform a master reset on your phone.
- If the above steps do not resolve your issue, contact us.