Use this document for steps on how to disable Cell Broadcast on Mobile Internet devices.
This update can only be downloaded from the T-Mobile Download Center. This is not an Over-the-Air (OTA) update.
This update ONLY applies to the following devices:
- Dell Mini & Dell Mini 4G
- Jet 2.0 4G
- USB Laptop Stick
This update is available for the T-Mobile Rocket 3.0, but refer to Firmware update: T-Mobile Rocket 3.0 for steps. This update was bundled with the connection manager.
Important: This update is not done through the connection manager and can only be performed on a computer running Microsoft Windows.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and open a web browser.
- Go to www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade.
- Find the appropriate product and click Get Software.
- Find and download the Device Update link.
- Save the file to the Desktop.
- Important: For laptop sticks, close the Connection Manager.
- The device must remain plugged into a USB port and disconnected from the network.
- Open the file.
- If prompted, select Run.
Note: Windows will display this message if the device has already received this update. This update will not alter firmware or software versions. This message will be the only indication the device has been updated.
- The update will complete.
- After the update completed, select OK.
- The update is complete.