Wi-Fi is unstable, disconnects, or cannot connect on the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- 'Your Internet connection is unstable'
- Wi-Fi disconnects and Mobile data connects
- Unable to connect to Wi-Fi
- Connected to Wi-Fi and no Internet is available
Wi-Fi signal strength may be overly sensitive, initiate an error message, and switch to Mobile data instead of the available Wi-Fi connection.
If the Wi-Fi connection is unstable, the device will display an error message. This error message occurs by design when the device is too far from the router.
|Software version affected|
|Software version resolved|
To fix unstable Wi-Fi connection, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Long press the existing connection.
- Tap Forget network.
- Press the Menu key.
- Reconnect to Wi-Fi.
- If the issue persists, please contact the manufacturer of the router for assistance with router steps.
- Please contact the manufacturer of the router for assistance with router steps.
- Verify the router is broadcasting in a clear spectrum.
Note: Interference from other Wi-Fi signals, wireless home phones or microwaves can influence the router signal. In areas with greater interference, try using the 5Ghz frequency.
- While testing router signal, avoid walls and electronics that may break line-of-sight connection between the router and the device.
- If router is located far from the device, try changing signal from 5Ghz to 2.5Ghz.