Hurricane Michael crashed ashore in the Florida panhandle as an unprecedented Category 4 hurricane last week, the third most powerful storm to make landfall on the continental U.S.
Hurricane Michael’s impact came into full view on Thursday when T-Mobile techs could access and assess areas of impact. It’s clear the damage to some of the communities will take some time to repair. Our top priority is doing what we can to get our customers back up and running as soon as possible. We will also continue to evaluate how we can support our customers, employees and these communities in recovery efforts.
NETWORK UPDATES (as of October 16th 2018)
- North Carolina and Georgia, and Virginia sites are fully recovered.
- Service in Bay and Gulf counties (Florida), including Mexico Beach, has been largely restored.
- In Panama City, we are on standby to get remaining sites up as soon as fiber service is up and running.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (as of October 16th 2018)
T-Mobile is offering one month of free service (including features and applicable taxes, late fees, and restore fees) for postpaid, Magenta Prepaid, and Metro customers in areas with continued network impact. Postpaid and Metro customers will receive the free service via bill credit, and T-Mobile prepaid customers will have their renew date extended by one month. ZIP codes included are:
- Gulf County: 32456, 32465, 32457
- Bay County: 32401, 32403, 32404, 32405, 32407, 32408, 32409, 32413, 32428, 32437, 32438, 32444, 32456, 32462, 32466, 32402, 32406, 32410, 32411, 32412, 32417
Through the end of October or until service is fully restored, we are:
- suspending collections for impacted customers
- waiving fees for customers who choose to come to T-Mobile (we don’t charge fees for customers who choose to leave)
- waiving device replacement fees
T-Mobile support trucks are in place in the Florida Panhandle where customers can get connected, charge devices and get other supplies as needed. Portable generators, Cell On Wheels (COWs), Cells on Light Trucks (CoLTS), fuel trucks and other vehicles have been deployed.
T-Mobile is offering ‘Text to Give’ to help those affected by Hurricane Michael:
- To donate $10 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation and support their Florida Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricane Michael relief efforts, text DISASTER to 20222. The donation will be charged to your next carrier bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions/
- To donate $25 to Volunteer Florida Foundation and support their Florida Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricane Michael relief efforts, text DISASTER25 to 20222. The donation will be charged to your next carrier bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions/
- To donate $10 to the American Red Cross and support Hurricane Michael relief efforts text MICHAEL to 90999. The donation will be charged to your next carrier bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions/
T-Mobile is also once again supporting military veteran-led Team Rubicon's hurricane recovery efforts, including those for Hurricane Michael, this MLB Postseason, by pledging $5,000 per home run plus $1 per Twitter or Instagram post using #HR4HR. Everyone - T-Mobile customer or not - can pitch in by posting on Twitter and Instagram.
Read safety tips and more information on how T-Mobile prepares for storms and hurricanes here: T-Mobile preps for hurricane season.
For the latest information on the storms, visit the NHC website here.