Hurricane Michael crashed ashore in the Florida panhandle as an unprecedented Category 4 hurricane last week, the third most powerful storm to make landfall on the continental U.S.
Hurricane Michael’s impact came into full view last Thursday when T-Mobile techs could access and assess areas of impact. It’s clear the damage to some of the communities will take some time to repair. Our top priority is doing what we can to get our customers back up and running as soon as possible. We will also continue to evaluate how we can support our customers, employees and these communities in recovery efforts.
NETWORK UPDATES (10/21)
Service in Bay and Gulf counties (Florida) has been largely restored or has temporary solutions in place until permanent repairs are made to power and fiber.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT (10/18)
T-Mobile is offering free service through the end of the month or until the network is fully restored (including features and applicable taxes, late fees, and restore fees) for postpaid, Magenta Prepaid, and Metro customers in areas with continued network impact. The credit does not apply to device charges and insurance features. Postpaid and Metro customers will receive the free service via bill credit, and T-Mobile prepaid customers will have their renew date extended.
Zip codes included are:
Gulf County: 32456, 32465, 32457
Bay County: 32401, 32403, 32404, 32405, 32407, 32408, 32409, 32413, 32428, 32437, 32438, 32444, 32456, 32462, 32466, 32402, 32406, 32410, 32411, 32412, 32417
Additionally, through the end of October or until service is fully restored, we are:
- Suspending collections for impacted customers
- Waiving fees for customers who choose to come to T-Mobile (we don’t charge fees for customers who choose to leave)
- Waiving device replacement fees
COMMUNITY SUPPORT (10/22)
T-Mobile support trucks are distributing water, blankets, devices, chargers, sunscreen, fans, and baby items at the following locations on October 22nd from 10am to 2pm EST:
- T-Mobile1049 W 23rd St, Panama City FL 32405
- Panama City Mall 2150 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Panama City, FL 32405
- Wal-Mart 2101 S HIGHWAY 77 Lynn Haven, FL 32444
- Wal-Mart 10270 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach 32407
- Salvation Army Site 7100 US 98 Panama City, FL 32407
- Cove Shopping Center 929 Cherry St Panama City, FL 32401
Cell On Wheels (COWs) are stationed in Panama City, Mexico Beach, Marianna, and Blountstown. Portable generators, Cells on Light Trucks (CoLTS), fuel trucks and other vehicles are also in locations such as hospitals, shelters, etc.
T-Mobile is also offering ‘Text to Give’ to help those affected by Hurricane Michael:
To donate $10 to the Volunteer Florida Foundation and support their Florida Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricane Michael relief efforts, text DISASTER to 20222.*
- To donate $25 to Volunteer Florida Foundation and support their Florida Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricane Michael relief efforts, text DISASTER25 to 20222.*
- To donate $10 to the American Red Cross and support Hurricane Michael relief efforts text MICHAEL to 90999.*
*Any donations will be charged to your next carrier bill. Message & data rates may apply. More information can be found at www.mobilegiving.org/terms-and-conditions/
Lastly, T-Mobile is also once again supporting military veteran-led Team Rubicon's hurricane recovery efforts, including those for Hurricane Michael, this MLB Postseason, by pledging $5,000 per home run plus $1 per Twitter or Instagram post using #HR4HR. Everyone - T-Mobile customer or not - can pitch in by posting on Twitter and Instagram.
Read safety tips and more information on how T-Mobile prepares for storms and hurricanes here: T-Mobile preps for hurricane season.
For the latest information on the storms, visit the NHC website here.