I hope you can help me. I have an iPhone 4 with a Gevey sim card (no Cydia). I put in the settings for picture SMS as you had stated them. The problem is that I can send photos, but I'm not able to receive them. A message "the media content was not included due to a picure resolution or message size restrictions" appears.
But what is peculiar is when I send a photo to myself, it gets delivered.
Did you try the app by unlockit called Custom APN changer (google it)? It sets your settings for you, and you don't need cydia for it to work.
It seems that the mms settings vary depending on what network you are on, ie. sometimes its epc, sometimes its wap or even internet2 for the address. T-Mobile recommends the epc address, but it does not work for me.
Try this one here:
T-Mobile iPhone MMS Fix – The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction
Recently I had some problems with my jailbroken unlocked iPhone 3G 3.0 on T-Mobile. I was getting the error: “The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.”.
This is the fix for that:
- Open Cydia and search for “Legacy” – Install the first one on top. (TMobile US)
- Once installed you’ll need to reset your network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Confirm
- Now go to Settings > General > Network > and make sure Data Roaming is set to ‘On’
- Now go to Cellular Data Network > and enter the following:
- APN: epc.tmobile.com for MMS
- APN: wap.voicestream.com for Cellular Data
- MMSC: 126.96.36.199/servlets/mms
- Proxy: 188.8.131.52:8080
- Go all the way back to Settings and then press Home.
- Turn off the phone.
- Wait for the phone to completely power off, wait 30 seconds and then power back on.
- If your phone crashes and you get the Sad Phone Face, it’s fine, unlock the phone and reset the Springboard if need be.
- Now have someone send you a Picture Message and make sure you can send out MMS.
Here's the screenshot:
Hope that helps!