Wipe System Cache - Motorola Defy
Running 2.2 Android software
If the device is not working correctly, you may need to reset it. While a hard reset deletes all your information, you can clear the system cache to restore most factory settings without losing your applications, Gmail, or other information.
To clear the system cache to reset the phone, follow these steps:
- Power off the phone and remove the battery.
- With the device off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
- Press and hold the buttons until a triangle with an exclamation point appears on the screen.
- Press and hold both volume up and volume down key to access the boot loader screen.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight Delete all Cache Data
- Press the Power key to select Delete all Cache Data
- Wait untill phone shows cache wipe is complete
- Press Power to select reboot system now