9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 10:07 PM by carloslermanda RSS

Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate

My questions is this:

The G-Slate has had auto punctuation and auto correction bugs since it was released (it does not do either function but it should). These are not Android bugs as the Xoom and other Honeycomb tablets (3.0, 3.1, 3.2) all seem to have those features in working order. Is T-Mobile/LG actively working to address these and the other issues presenting in the G-Slate? Is T-Mobile/LG actively working to bring the OS up to the current version?

Side notes - My G-Slate woke me up today ... early... when it decided to reboot itself 7 or 8 times in a row. I now hate the T-Mobile sound byte.

• 1. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate
    tmo_candace

Hey there tenkely,

I apologize for the problems you encountered using the G Slate, and for our delayed response.  If you are still have questions, please feel free to respond to this message or contact any member of the staff. 

Thank you and have a great day! 

--candace

Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate
    h2oskierc

Candace,

Considering that the Auto Correct still doesn't work, it would be nice to have some kind of update.  Is T-Mobile working with LG to fix this bug?

Chris

• 3. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate

Thanks Candace.

Yes, this problem (among others) still persists. I've already gone through warranty repair with LG but it did not resolve the issues. Is T-Mobile working with LG to fix this and the other bugs?

• 4. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate
    tmo_candace

Hello h2oskierc and tenkely,

I understand there are some current known issues with the G-Slate, and apologize that the problems you are experiencing are ongoing.  Unfortunately, as of now there is nothing to announce regarding a software update for the G-Slate.  Any software update release will be posted in the support community.

Thank you and have a great day! 

--candace

Community Moderator

• 5. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate

Thank you for acknowledging our concerns Candace. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is incredibly frustrating when the "pillars" of this community continually brush off individuals with complaints regarding the G-Slate or belittle us for speaking negatively of the device.

• 6. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate
    darnell

I would not say an Pillar has brushed you off or belittled you.  Rather, realizing no device is perfect and there's been no announcements of any upcoming updates.  We express that you have to learn to make the most of what you have and work around the quirks.

• 7. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate

As a 'pillar' I would expect that response from you.

I do realize that no device is "perfect", and no announcements for bug fixes have been made. I will not however "make the most of what you have" and "work around quirks" on a $600 device with acknowledged issues. As a consumer I have a right to the expectation that issues will be addressed in one form or another. I feel these support boards are both the place to share tips and tricks as well as express frustration when other options have been exhausted. I do not expect to be dismissed and belittled (as you have done once again in your post above) by people T-Mobile deems "Pillars of the Community". I have been a T-Mobile subscriber and advocate for over a decade, but never has it's 'community' treated me with such disrespect, until now.

• 8. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate
    darnell

Well, it seems you've been left with no choice.  Because you have no update.

You also already know LG is the one who decides if there will be any update.  Google has made the OS updates and T-Mobile is not holding back, as we already also know.  You've already made your case there (LG forums) plenty of times and they've basically come to ignore the device on their (LG) forums.

So take it as you wish, nothing's changed.

• 9. Re: Remaining Bugs on the G-Slate

I have the exactly same situation....reboot each 2 minutes but all the time... never stop those reboots....please any fix!!!