8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 12:56 PM by tmo_erika RSS

iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...

bittner58

Hey guys,
Im sure that this question has come up, but my searches have not yielded definitive answers as of yet...

I purchased the 32Gb iPhone 5 as soon as it was available through t-Mobile, and as soon as the JUMP plan came out, I switched from the old handset protection plan to JUMP. I am eligible for my first JUMP upgrade, and have been for a little while, but I am wondering if I will be given the 32Gb iPhone 5s or the 16Gb iPhone 5s and charged to go to the 32Gb model while utilizing my upgrade?

I do not want to forced to pay extra on JUMP to get the 32Gb if at all possible, as that is the model that I already paid for in the 5...

Any help, and definitive answers are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

-B

• 1. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    smplyunprdctble

What happens with JUMP is it pays off your remaining balance (you're on "Grandfathered JUMP").  So, you send that to them and you can get ANY phone you want... but you'll have to pay whatever deposit is required based on your credit [you should know this based on your current device] and start making payments on that.

• 2. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    smplyunprdctble

In addition, if the device you want isn't available in stores, you'll have to go through Customer Care and get it ordered and JUMP that way.

• 3. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    bittner58

Not exactly what I was asking. Basically, there is a physical price difference between the 16 Gigabyte iPhones and the 32 Gigabyte iPhones. I purchased the 32 Gigabyte iPhone 5. I want a straight upgrade to the 32 Gigabyte iPhone 5s. I already paid the difference between the two storage amounts once, and do not think it is right for jump to want to upgrade me to the 16 Gigabyte iPhone 5s and still have me pay the difference if I want the 32 Gigabyte iPhone 5s.

I understand the credit portion, and qualify for their best credit plan, I forget what they call it, so that is no concern. This isn't about a deposit fee, it is about a fee for the higher storage iPhone, which is what I already have, just in the last model.

• 4. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    smplyunprdctble

With JUMP, you can upgrade to ANY phone you want, regardless of price.

So, if you had a 16GB iPhone, you can JUMP to a 32GB iPhone if you wanted.

Or an Android or WinMo phone, for that matter.  JUMP is device agnostic on

both ends.  It doesn't care what you started with and it doesn't care what

you go to.

What you've paid so far doesn't matter.  The "concept" is JUMP pays off the

remaining balance of your current device (or for new sign-ups starting feb

23 or feb 24, I think, 50% of the original device cost) and you can start

over with any device you want.

• 5. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    stevetjr

JUMP doesn't work that way, as mentioned all JUMP does is pay off your EIP and then you get get another phone on EIP. You are entitled and get ant promotion currently offered to new customers. It not a trade in program but rather a start over program, that also includes insurance.

• 6. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    21stnow

When you JUMP! to an iPhone 5S 32GB, your installment payments will be based on the price of that phone.  The price that you paid for your previous phone is irrelevant.

• 7. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    tmo_keith_m

I hope you received the information you needed. They are correct so for instance say you purchase a phone for $480 at $20 a month for 24 months and you JUMP! after paying 6 months of payments the remaining payments are wiped out and you purchase your new device as if it was a new upgrade. This is of course based on the original JUMP! program which it sounds like you have. I think some confusion could be coming from (and I could be wrong) but if you have fully paid off the device JUMP! doesn't apply to you because you own your device and no longer owe anything on it and you can trade in your device toward a new purchase and the people at the store can tell you what that amount would be. Please let us know if you have more questions.

• 8. Re: iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s JUMP upgrade question...
    tmo_erika

Hello! It's been more than 36 hours since our last comment so we are now marking this post as assumed answered. You can continue to post, and other community users may respond, but if you would like assistance from T-Mobile or T-Force please create a new discussion.