10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2011 7:57 AM by 21stnow RSS

Recent Problems and Questions

21stnow

Within the last week, I started having problems with my browser on my phone.  It stops responding and I get an error message that asks if I want to restart or wait.  I usually have to clear the cache for this problem to go away.  I have noticed it just about every day on sites that I read for a while, such as this mobile forum.  Has anyone else noticed this?

My unrelated question is can we change the weather information source for the Sense weather widget.  Accuweather is not accurate for my location, which is a suburb.  The main city usually gets better information, when I have checked it.  I'm speaking of current conditions; it rarely shows that it is raining where I am.  It was rainy all day during Hurricane Irene, but my phone only showed that it was cloudy.  I used to use Google weather with my Beautiful Widgets and it was accurate.  Can I change the Sense weather widget to use Google weather?

• 1. Re: Recent Problems and Questions
    deacon

i wish that were possible .. i'm not a fan of Accuweather myself .. but nope, you can't change it unfortunately.

• 2. Re: Recent Problems and Questions
    21stnow

Thanks anyway.  I love the weather animations for Sense and miss the windshield wiper!  Little things make me happy.  Oh well, maybe I have to change my city to the major city near me.

• 3. Re: Recent Problems and Questions
    deacon

it'll rain sometimes won't it?

• 4. Re: Recent Problems and Questions
    21stnow
    I rarely have rain on my phone and can't remember if I have ever seen it "raining" on my phone when I'm home. Maybe I'll see rain at work, but not often. Even then, I don't get the windshield wiper.

I was in Atlanta this past weekend, and the phone did ok for weather tracking. Accuweather is better with the major cities than the suburbs.
  • 5. Re: Recent Problems and Questions

accuweather sucks. I have a sensation and a mytouch 4g slide. I had both phones sitting right next to each other. Updated them both and accuweather had the current temp and weather conditions different on both phones. How is that possible when they are in the exact same room using the same wifi to update it's location??? It showed the city currectly (GIlbert, Az.) but showed it was clear on her phone with a high of 104 and it showed cloudy on my phone with a high of 102.

• 6. Re: Recent Problems and Questions

21stnow wrote:

Within the last week, I started having problems with my browser on my phone.  It stops responding and I get an error message that asks if I want to restart or wait.  I usually have to clear the cache for this problem to go away.  I have noticed it just about every day on sites that I read for a while, such as this mobile forum.  Has anyone else noticed this?

My browser doesn't even ask me. It just closes out. It's mainly just this site though that it does it in. Glad to see I'm not the only one with browser issues. I was starting to think I was getting picked on by HTC

• 7. Re: Recent Problems and Questions

It might be time to check out Dolphin HD browser. I recently tried it out because of different issues with the Sense browser and I love it. Set the user agent to desktop and everything renders just like on your computer. It's very nice.

• 8. Re: Recent Problems and Questions

You may want to try beautiful widgets. It's as good, if not better then the original sense weather and, you can choose google as the weather search instead of  Accuweather.

• 9. Re: Recent Problems and Questions
    21stnow

I used to use Beautiful Widgets on my previous phones and I did like it.  I just wanted to get the Sense experience and I love the flip analog-type clock in the Sense clock widget and did not want to give it up.  I guess there is a trade-off for weather accuracy and cool flip clocks!  I'll write to HTC to see if in the near future, they can establish a relationship with Google so that their weather information can be used for the Sense weather widget.

I also used to use the Dolphin HD browser on a previous phone, but I did not like it.  I don't remember why now, though.  I may have to try it again if I keep having problems with the stock browser on the Sensation.

• 10. Re: Recent Problems and Questions
    21stnow

Bigdaddy, sometimes my browser just closes, too.  I am getting all kinds of problems with it.  I have noticed it on any site that I read comments on, such as this mobile forum, tmonews and phonedog.  It seems like after 5 minutes, my phone's browser is telling me that I need to read this stuff on a PC, rather than on my phone!