1 2 3 4 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 6:36 AM by darnell Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    tmo_josh

    tenkely wrote:

     

    Just got mine too. Screen transitions seem better, excited to play with Movie Studio...

     

    I noticed this too, tenkely. The transitions were much smoother.

  • 16. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know

    Got mine about 20 minutes ago. At first it was horribly laggy. Then caught up to itself. Everything seems similar. I find it odd that I can only resize certain widgets. I also confirm that Netflix it broken I hope someone over at XDA fixes this soon. I am (was) a nightly Netflix watcher.

  • 17. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    I see no real advantage to this update. The black background makes pictures look worse. Web page scrolling is worse, the battery isn't improved, and videos don't play as well as they did previously.

    Other that that it's a pointless update.
  • 18. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know

    airoff wrote:

     

    I see no real advantage to this update. The black background makes pictures look worse. Web page scrolling is worse, the battery isn't improved, and videos don't play as well as they did previously.

    Other that that it's a pointless update.

    I disagree, the USB host supprt was worth an update alone, but this includes performance fixes, enhancements to wifi, browser, gallery and calendar. Video app support and the addition of the Movie Studio app are also great. We still need to 3.2 to finishing fixing the performance issues we have still, but maybe T-Mobile will put some more pressure on LG to expedite that sooner than later.

  • 19. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    darnell

    gandecab wrote:

     

    Darnell - did you get it to work?  where are you getting the dl failed - at the unpacking screen or a check for updates?

    No, still now working .  It's failing right on the check for updates page.  It says an update is available, but won't download it and "retry download" is not working either.  I've just downloaded Kindle from Andriod Market and 2 whole books, all via my WiFi connection, but the G-Slate update still won't download.

     

    I HOPE I don't have to have my G-Slate on a T-Mobile plan, since I've been using it as a WiFi only device ...

    I wonder why do I see an update is available at all if it is an issue with me not having the G-Slate on a data plan.

  • 20. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    gandecab

    it's not the data plan.  i'm wifi only as well and got it without issue. 

     

    maybe the update is seeing the partial DL filename and not starting a new one.  Try finding the file somewhere in the filesystem and delete it?  a 60Mb file shouldn't be too hard to find

     

    if you get desperate, maybe a factory reset would clear out the system.

  • 21. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know

    So who wants to start the The Official "When the Heck are We Getting 3.2" Thread?

  • 22. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    gandecab

    pffft.  I'd rather have LG concentrate on Ice Cream Sammich.

  • 23. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    darnell

    I'll try finding a file to delete.  With this G-Slate being unrooted, I don't have the luxury of Titanium Backup to restore "everything" "exactly" like it was if I go the factory reset route.

  • 24. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    darnell

    I don't see any file(s) downloaded anywhere I'd expect a system download to be.  I'm just going to leave it be for today and wait till tomorrow and try again.  Maybe it needs time to rest .

     

    I'm surprised reboots don't help though.  But given someone else on WiFi only has downloaded it, that helps me feel better .  I'll get it eventually, just hoping I won't have to go to the final resort of a factory reset .

  • 25. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know

    Good look waiting on that Ice Cream.

     

    Darnell, I have a data plan, but mine was on Wi-Fi when the update came in.

  • 26. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    darnell

    Do you who got the update via WiFi have "Use wireless networks" checked in your "Location & Security" settings?

     

    I usually keep that unchecked, but on one of my reboot tests I did check it and rebooted and still could not download the update when things booted up with that checked.  So I went and unchecked it again.  (I'm just not a fan of always sending Google "anonymous" data.  It's like they pay me to use my data for their company business.  I can find my location without it.)

     

    Perhaps I need to keep that checked for a while, so Google can capture details about WiFi networks around me.  Maybe that's the exchange here.  Me and my neighbors' WiFi details in exchange for the update .  Maybe the update is not totally "free" after all ?...

  • 27. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    darkshim

    I just got my update a little while ago. I was very excited to see the update notification (apparently, it doesn't take much to make me happy). I didn't notice much at first. I went to the Android Market to try to see if I can rent a movie and it had nothing. I was unsuccessful in downloading Google Videos as well. Then, for ha-ha's, I browsed my apps and found Vidoes and we as Movie Studio, which was wonderful to see.

     

    My only issue thus far is, why doesn't the Honeycomb Market show me movies? When I try to rent something from Videos, it brings me to the web version of Android Market. Not a HUGE deal, but renting is integrated with the Market on my cell phone. So, why not on my tablet?

     

    Josh, can you shed some light?

  • 28. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    clevernickname

    dammit2hell wrote:

     

    So who wants to start the The Official "When the Heck are We Getting 3.2" Thread?

     

    Done..

     

    http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/4553?tstart=0

  • 29. Re: Once you get the update, let everyone else know
    clevernickname

    darkshim wrote:

     

    I just got my update a little while ago. I was very excited to see the update notification (apparently, it doesn't take much to make me happy). I didn't notice much at first. I went to the Android Market to try to see if I can rent a movie and it had nothing. I was unsuccessful in downloading Google Videos as well. Then, for ha-ha's, I browsed my apps and found Vidoes and we as Movie Studio, which was wonderful to see.

     

    My only issue thus far is, why doesn't the Honeycomb Market show me movies? When I try to rent something from Videos, it brings me to the web version of Android Market. Not a HUGE deal, but renting is integrated with the Market on my cell phone. So, why not on my tablet?

     

    Josh, can you shed some light?

     

     

    I thought that was odd, too.  But I suppose it's better than a poke in the eye with a stick...

1 2 3 4 Previous Next