5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2011 7:35 PM by lg2x RSS

"Set alarm for ..." Works Now

When I had my Nexus One and Gingerbread came out for it, we were supposed to have the ability to set the alarm using a voice command, but that feature was left out. I just got the idea to try it this morning with my G2x, and it worked! This is so convenient. I am so enjoying my phone now, excepting the missing LG Camera App, of course.

• 1. Re: "Set alarm for ..." Works Now

So you are happy you can set an alarm by voice command? That's what was stopping you from enjoying your phone. I realize this might sound like I am a meanie, don't mean to be, this is a serious inquiry.

• 2. Re: "Set alarm for ..." Works Now

what does your post have to do with anything. She stated for those that dont know.

No where did she say this was a reason she didnt like the g2x.

she simply was putting it out there for people that didnt know you could do this.

Star thanks for the info.  its funny it was a major thing for it to work on my rom the problem was the clock app was out there that it worked on but froyo sourvce version did not.  I hadnt even tried it since i am using my droid for the alarm clock(dont trust this phone) 

for those that use it just use voice as you would a serch and say set alarm at whatever time.

Good point out star

• 3. Re: "Set alarm for ..." Works Now

LOL ... I guess re-reading my post, I could see how it might sound that way. What I meant was that in addition to really enjoying my phone, recently repaired and returned by LG, that I discovered something I didn't even know it could do. In my excitement to share that voice feature, I guess I didn't make my comments clear.

• 4. Re: "Set alarm for ..." Works Now
    darjae9805

starmom wrote:

LOL ... I guess re-reading my post, I could see how it might sound that way. What I meant was that in addition to really enjoying my phone, recently repaired and returned by LG, that I discovered something I didn't even know it could do. In my excitement to share that voice feature, I guess I didn't make my comments clear.

I clearly understood what you meant the first time.  Thanks for the tip!

• 5. Re: "Set alarm for ..." Works Now

At least you saw what I meant, wasn't attacking any one haha. There are many hidden features in android and little things are to be found every day. Especially with the updates.