6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2011 1:52 AM by teecruz RSS

What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?

Okay now this seriously blows chunks. After the system update that happen today 08/06/2011 it appears that it took an additional 20MB of space on the internal storage. Now my phone is freaking out saying I'm low on space and virtual voice mail is full. Can't update any applications because it freaking out over the fact that you update turned out to be a HOG! Fix this, like NOW!;

• 1. Re: What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?

that is so idiotic. i hope their developers get a clue, soon.

in the meantime, are you not able to clear out some space to fix the problem?

• 2. Re: What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?

Yeah I had to uninstall alot of things that I liked just for it to stop freaking out. No idea what this is all about but taking 20MB more of internal storage was not cool at all. Now I have to wait till the dev's put 2 and 2 together. Seriously did they even try their own update on a phone with more than stock apps installed? Or even look to see if the install temp files were removed or whatnot after update was complete? Sounds like just another overdue project rushed out the door without proper testing.

• 3. Re: What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?
    theartiszan

WOW! 20 mb is alot of space (sarcasm)

You do know that if the apps you have installed support it you can move them to your memory card.

settings >> applicaitons >> manage applications >> click app >> click move to sd

saved over 60 mb by moving all the angry birds games alone

• 4. Re: What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?

20mb isnt too bad,.... after I installed the update, it took about 200mb on my device...ALL of it part of functions/apps that cant be moved to sd storage.. now THATS bad. Its almost 1/3 of the available internal mem on this thing. If nothing comes up to fix this soon, Im going to run a custom.

• 5. Re: What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?

Everything that can be stored on External SD is on the External SD. So yeah that's nothing new. After clearing out what apps I had to just to get things back to normal I was using facebook today and Kapow! Low Memory - Virtual Voice Mail Full alerts come flying back up again. Unbelievable. And yeah I have plenty of space on External SD (14GB) and Internal Phone Memory is now at 51.40MB. So whatever the upgrade did minus all the apps I removed it's now freaking out again just because I was using facebook.

• 6. Re: What The? 20 MB Taken After Software Update?

you do realize, if you're phone is telling you your low on memory YOU'RE the Hog. uninstall some apps man.
    clear the cache of your apps. please.

STOP bashing the phone & T-Mobile. annoys me.

If you're gonna be on Android, you got to be a SMART android user. common sense.
    Now, go do some of the things I stated above. ^