1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 2:17 PM by bonemd RSS

Wifi calling issue

When in wifi calling, I only periodically receive calls.  Most calls are sent directly to voicemail.  I can call out however with no problem.  Is this the case with all of these phones?  I have just sent mine back in exchange for a new one.

• 1. Re: Wifi calling issue

I have the same kind of problem, i live in MIAMI, in the area that i live only AT&T and Verizon get signal.  I had a note with REDPOCKET like AT&T, and over the weekend i switch to TMOBILE they told me that with the NOTE 2 it has wifi-calling so i dont have to worry about signal.. well that is not the case. I have my wireless router with cable internet full signal great strength, my wifi works find i can use the phone and all the apps, but the wifi -calling feature is acting up.  MOst of the time when stop getting the erroer code REG99 or REg04 and it does connected, then wifi icon is on and i get most calls however i can not make any calls out not even 911. i can only call those who are on my family plan. at time it even saids "the number your trying to reach is unable at this time please check the number and try again" como on i cant even dial 611....... I have called TechSupport about 4 times and been with diffrent tech support they have  no answer they make me do some steps and of course it works but after 30min or so we are back to square one. it is supper fustrating i think i am going to have to cancle my contract and got with AT&T if they dont fix this problem.  THey told me that i have to have somekind of signal so that my phone register to The TMOBILE tower and than i can wifi, thats not ture. i never had this problem before with Blackberry. such an expensive phone and nice service plan, but no service. it sad many people have this problem, if they can atleast admit they are haveing problems than maybe i see hope but they say this souldnt happen so you feel like you are the only one.

• 2. Re: Wifi calling issue

This is getting really frustrating.  I live in an area where only my WIFI calling works. I get no cellular signal in or near my home.  My WIFI calling goes in and out.  I'll be talking/texting fine and then it drops.  Other callers can hear me, but I can't hear them.  I love my Note II, but T-Mobile needs to fix this problem.  Never had a problem with my Galaxy S.  Sometimes even when my WIFI calling says it's on, my calls/texts won't go through.

• 3. Re: Wifi calling issue
    theartiszan

Make sure the wifi setting is to never go off when sleep and also turn off wifi power saver.

• 4. Re: Wifi calling issue

My blackberry and Galaxy 2 worked find....

I know did you call and speak to the top leave of tech support... I just got my phone and added to my husband tmobile account on sunday,  and i am so disappointed, the think that has me worried is that T-Mobile doesnt know that anything is going on with wifi calling since the phone is new they dont have any report of this issue, i told them they should take the time and read the blog that why Tmobile have them "I assume".

I AM SUPER FUSTRATED i love the phone but WIFI not working right, Samsung should also get involved.

in the mean while go here: http://t-mobile-takeaction.com  eveyone that doesnt have signal need to do this, thats what one of the rep says to do.

• 5. Re: Wifi calling issue

Please be more espesific.. where do you go.. settings.. etc..

But i am sure that is not the case, this happen while the phone is one within secounds after the wifi connects, TMOBILE is clueless.  Apprently it happens more to places that there is NO SIGNAL.. and you try to wifi, the other day i went to my friends house and she gets TMOBILE signal and i wifi-called did work.. strange..

One rep said that inorder for the wifi calling to work you have to have atleast 1 bar of signal to lock in on the tmobile tower and than wifi.. HOW RIDICULUS.. really you have to have signal to wifi.. ..

Anyways they need to give us  hope I am still in the time frame to cancle myservice i think i am going to do that and go to ATT they have the NOTE. after all if service is not provided you can back out on your contract they have to grant you that.

• 6. Re: Wifi calling issue

ONE ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION, have the phone calls foward to your home number.. if you dont have a land line, get a google number... install talkatone app on the phone, link it to your google voice number and WALA.. you will have wifi calling tur google voice you can even make calls, its pretty cool. atleast it works when you dont have signal

• 7. Re: Wifi calling issue
    theartiszan

Well for the never sleep option do this:

Menu > Settings > Wifi > Advanced > Keep Wifi on during sleep (Always, Only when plugged in, Never)

then this:

Disabling the "WIFI Power Save Mode" solves the problem and it is done like this:

- Type in your phone dialer *#0011#

- Press menu key to open the options-menu

- Press "WIFI"

- Hit the button to turn off "WIFI Power Save Mode"

As far as not connecting without getting signal that was true of the Kineto based wifi calling of the older androids. The phone needed to be registered on the network very recently or it might not connect to the network. But this is not true based on the IMS calling of the newer phones like your Gnote II.

The problem you are having is that it is not connecting or just calls not working?

The other thing you may want to try is at a few or different other wifi locations.

I have seen where either settings in the router you are connecting to can cause issues and sometimes if the connection or the provider is blocking ports (like at a local hospital for me, I know that is not the case but an example) that will cause it not to connect.

But after changing that setting on my One S I have no problems with getting calls anymore.

• 8. Re: Wifi calling issue

The problem you are having is that it is not connecting or just calls not working?

No it connects on wifi most of the time when it does connect i call out to any number and it saids "The number your trying to reach is unable please check the number and try again" weather i call 611  911 or 411 or any number for that matter.,... or when i am able to make calls than the other persona can not hear me.. or vice versa... also when people call me and i do have wifi they get voice mail after the 2 ring... and than there are time it said error connecting.. invalid liences..etc.. all kinds of error randomly...

The other thing you may want to try is at a few or different other wifi locations.  you are right so far i tried in a friends house and it did work, however her router was just like mines.

I have seen where either settings in the router you are connecting to can cause issues and sometimes if the connection or the provider is blocking ports (like at a local hospital for me, I know that is not the case but an example) that will cause it not to connect.   this could be true but than tmobile should atleast log into your computer and look at the router setting for tech support or atleast giude us to the right direction, i even turn off all the firewalls and nothing.  But i am going to go to Starbucks or Mcdonallds and try there too, however i think the prople if when you go to areas there is NO SERVICE and you do wifi.

Thank you

• 9. Re: Wifi calling issue
    theartiszan

very weird

does sound like some weird settings or something in the router if it works elsewhere.

T-Mobile can really remote control a computer to change things as that is a liability issue but I do remember once talking with their tech support they did give me a few things to check in the router. But that was a while ago and I forget what options they were looking for at the time.

They don't have exact settings for routers since there are so many of them.

What you could try to since your friend has the same model is try to do a complete reset on your router and resetup again with just the wifi security options and let everything else default and see if that makes a difference.

Also try and run the test here:

http://myspeed.visualware.com/indexvoip.php

and let us know your results

• 10. Re: Wifi calling issue

Also:

Well for the never sleep option do this:

Menu > Settings > Wifi > Advanced > Keep Wifi on during sleep (Always, Only when plugged in, Never)

then this:

Disabling the "WIFI Power Save Mode" solves the problem and it is done like this:

- Type in your phone dialer *#0011#

- Press menu key to open the options-menu

- Press "WIFI"

- Hit the button to turn off "WIFI Power Save Mode"

I did this and you are right, the wifi safe mode was on i just turn it off, I than went to Wifi Calling and enabled it, it now says: Ready for calls, the the logo is in blue on the top, also the wifi connection settings are in WI-FI PReferred.  So i place a call to my house and that man comes out saying ... your call can not be commpleted as dial...etc..." I than got my home number an called my cell... It ringed only once and it got a busy signal.. i did this 3 times. no voicemail just busy

• 11. Re: Wifi calling issue
    theartiszan

Yeah something is really getting stuck in the connection then.

Cause you are connecting ok and isn't that the connection is timing out or stuck in deep sleep like alot of people are having the problem of.

This seems to be more of a routing issue network wise as the call goes to be completed.

I would write down the times and which way you called so you have like 5 ot 6 examples of failure and then give their support department a ring.

Tell them the problem what you have already tried with rebooting and what not and that you probably need to have a trouble ticket filed.

That way they can collect those examples from you and send it to their engieering people to look into it and see if they can find anything on their end.

• 12. Re: Wifi calling issue

I aggree i am going to do that perhaps a video too, and keep you guys posted. thanks

• 13. Re: Wifi calling issue
    theartiszan

No problem.

Just hope it gets fixed for you.

• 14. Re: Wifi calling issue

i'm having the same issues too.    in fact, both my Note 2 and the Galaxy S III's in the house are having the wifi calling problems.

1 2 Previous Next