They shouldn't charge minutes toward my plan if I'm using my own wifi to make calls. I know it's their number, their system that the call ultimately travels through, but if the call is originating or ending up going through my wifi it should be unlimited like nights and weekends. It is after all doing them a favor keeping the traffic off of their cell towers.
And why do I have to sign up for a separate support account? Why isn't my Tmobile support account the same as my tmobile account?
Wi-Fi Calling Overview
Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive calls, access unlimited high-speed data, send and receive messages, and use other T-Mobile features at no additional cost!
How Wi-Fi Calling works
Using Wi-Fi Calling is easy! Simply connect to an available Wi-Fi signal of your choice, confirm Wi-Fi Calling is enabled on your device, and continue to use all of your favorite device features!
There is no additional monthly charge to use the Wi-Fi Calling feature on your handset. Wi-Fi Calling uses monthly plan minutes for the following:
- Calls made from the US to US numbers
- Calls made from the US to international numbers (subject to international rates)
- Calls made from outside the US to US numbers (not charged roaming)
- Calls made from outside the US to international numbers (subject to international rates, but not charged roaming)
Note: You must disable Data Roaming when traveling internationally to avoid incurring data roaming charges.
Where is Wi-Fi Calling Available
Wi-Fi Calling is available on most T-Mobile devices
- To check if your current handset supports Wi-Fi Calling, go to the device how to’s for your current device and look for the Wi-Fi Calling setup procedures and start using today!
- If you are shopping for a new device, go here to view the list of available Wi-Fi Calling devices.
Looking for additional supportIf you need Wi-Fi setup instructions, go to the device how to’s for your current device and look for the Wi-Fi setup procedures.
Wi-Fi Calling FAQs
What equipment do I need to use Wi-Fi Calling?To use Wi-Fi Calling, you will need the following equipment:
- A Wi-Fi Calling capable device
- Wi-Fi Internet access
How do I turn on Wi-Fi Calling on my device?Go to the device how to’s for your current device and look for the Wi-Fi Calling setup procedures and start using today! How do I set up Wi-Fi Calling on my phone?To set up Wi-Fi Calling on your phone, search in the Community.
Example: "wifi calling htc sensation" Why am I receiving a message regarding, 'Invalid SIM?'See Error: 'Invalid SIM'. Why am I being asked for my 9-1-1 address?When you dial 9-1-1 while using Wi-Fi Calling, your location may not be automatically provided to the dispatcher. For additional information, review the following documents: