We don't want you to throw the phone. I am sorry you are having these charging issues. Please follow these steps below
- Make sure you are not on your phone when troubleshooting.
- Check your device for liquid or physical damage such as a swelling batter, missing contacts, etc. If you see liquid or physical damage, contact us.
- Check your charging port. If it is loose, contact us.
- Make sure you are using the Nokia charger that came with the device and are charging for at least 10 minutes.
- If the battery power drops below 25%, you'll need to use the Nokia AC adapter that came with the device and plug it into the wall to ensure it charges.
- If you are using a non-T-Mobile charger, contact the charger manufacturer for troubleshooting.
- If possible, try a different charger. If the battery charges with a different charger, the original charger should be replaced.
- If you are using a non-T-Mobile battery, contact the battery manufacturer for troubleshooting.
- If possible, try a different battery. If another battery does not have the issue, the original battery should be replaced.
- If the above steps have not resolved your issue, contact us.
I have had the same problem twice with this phone and im recieving this phone for the 3rd time today becuase of the charging port and the phone just wont charge. If its a month old , your WARRANTY is still in effect and you are able to recieve a replacement ! Go to a retail store OR CONTACT tmbobile.
I had the same problem on my 710. I have the monthly unlimited data and texting 100 minute plan.
I call T-Mobile and they told me to send the phone in for exchane. They said that the normal exchange policy where they send the phone out first does not apply to non-contract accounts - the phone must be sent in first.
I did this and it took some 20 calendar days to get the return. So far, the new (refurbished?) phone works fine.
To tide me over, I went to BestBuy and bought a $30.00 Samsung phone - jsut a simple phone and activated it on my account.
Too bad these phones have this problem, but at least they did honor the warranty.