5 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 8:25 AM by the86d RSS

IS T MOBILE OFFERING ANY ANSWERS????

IS ANYONE GETTING ANYWHERE AS FAR AS RESOLUTION WITH T MOBILE AND THESE CRAPPY SIDEKICK 4G PHONES? IF SO .... WHAT CRIME DID YOU HAVE TO COMMIT IN RETURN?????

• 1. Re: IS T MOBILE OFFERING ANY ANSWERS????
          theartiszan

For the one that is used on my account, it used to freeze all the time but after the update we really don't have any more problems with the phone.

But also that person don't put allot of apps on the phone and I also drilled her on properly managing the phone like rebooting every day and task manager.

• 2. Re: IS T MOBILE OFFERING ANY ANSWERS????

Hi there tleenc,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Sidekick. Yes, theartiszan's suggestion is a good one, that's the first thing I'd recommend to check, as devices always work best on the latest available software. Check here to see if yours is updated.

In general, keeping a lot of memory free and rebooting at least once a day also can help keep your device running at its best.

If you've already got the latest software, please let me know a little more about what's going wrong so I can offer more targetted assistance.

• 3. Re: IS T MOBILE OFFERING ANY ANSWERS????

I called customer support and they were useless. This is the worst phone ever. Im a long time customer and am stuck

with this phone. Freeezes, can't call out, no signal. For the money this is the biggest ripe-off ever. I wish you luck. You can update this phone all you want. Bottom  line. It sucks.

• 4. Re: IS T MOBILE OFFERING ANY ANSWERS????

All of my other android using friends don't worry about rebooting once a day. I understand it is essentially a handheld computer and that computers do need to be restarted regularly. But for christ sakes you guys acknowledge that there are issues with the phone yet you do nothing to compensate your customers. THAT is bull ****. I don't care if it is Samsungs fault that they write ****** code or that the refuse to offer good updates. If my 400 dollar phone can't do the exact same things as my friends 400 dollar phone (run tons of apps without rebooting once a day) then you shouldn't have sold this thing. Has Tmobile ever heard of testing? I fear that I'll be paying for a 400 dollar hunk of cardboard for my next phone because apparently you guys sell whatever comes from the manufacturer without even looking at it.

Oh and then it gets better, I go to update it but the kies system doesn't even know my phones connected. You guys at Tmobile get a standing ovation... seriously how you convinced this many people to hand their money over for this is nothing short of miraculous, you guys are truly experts at the business of con artistry.

• 5. Re: IS T MOBILE OFFERING ANY ANSWERS????
                  the86d

Since they are offering ZERO fixes for a blatantly whack Android build, please seek help here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1128

You can learn to root you phone and put a STABLE replacement of a GOOD Android build on it.