3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 7:24 AM by gandecab RSS

What is VPN

ladytea

Hello

What is VPN? What does VPN stand for and what is it related to?? My phone shows add VPN.It shows four different "ADDVPNS".Which one do I add. How are we suppose to know which one to add when we don't even know what they mean? And if we just choose one will it be the correct one. It should all be explanato.ry. I thought all these things were already installed on the phone.

Thank You

• 1. Re: What is VPN
          gandecab

Virtual Private Network.  it's used for securely connecting into a corporate network.

• 2. Re: What is VPN
            ladytea

Hello

Finally retrieved these messages.. OK VPN is related to "Securely connecting to a Corporate network" That is good to know. So what is a Corporate Network"? Do I have this? Do I need this? Is this related to a Corporation? I don't have a "Corporation or a Corporation Network? I need further explanation that would explain this more clearly. Is this important to have?

Thank You

• 3. Re: What is VPN
              gandecab

I wouldn't worry about it.  since you don't know what a corporate network is, you probably don't have one.  Do you have a network (internal websites, servers, etc) which you can only access through compters at work? VPN allows you to connect to the office network remotely so you can access these things from home or elsewhere. Contact your IT deptartment at work to see if they have a VPN solution. If you don't have an IT Dept, you probably don't have a vpn solution.