4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2012 11:05 AM by thatoneguy RSS

T-Mobile comments about ICS

Well, I went to the link someone posted stating that T-Mobile was stating that they had sent the ICS update back as it was defective.  In the last 24 hours the onlu comments from them was that they didn't have any information about its release.  This is common call center protocol.  You never discuss something until it's actually out there.

Now for an educated guess........I think we'll have it soon.  Hopefully by the end of the month, but soon.

Having gone thru the MT3G disaster................I'm more worried about the update bricking my phone than when it will be released.

• 1. Re: T-Mobile comments about ICS
    kennetht

i agree that we will have it soon, but the truth is that no one really knows anything.  when you say "soon" that could be tomorrow, next week, or next month.  no one knows.  while i certainly hope it is sooner rather than later, no one can say with any certainty that it is coming soon... 

however, like you, i too went thru the MT3G disaster. that was horrible.  i actually just brought the MT3G back to android 1.6 for better functionality.  i use it as my snowboarding phone cause if i break it while snowboarding i dont care as much as if it were my sensation.  but i disagree with you saying you are worried about it bricking your phone.  there really is no chance of that happening with our phones.  our specs are plenty good enough to handle ICS.

• 2. Re: T-Mobile comments about ICS
    smplyunprdctble

"soon" has no official definition.

Having seen the complaints about "soon" not being soon enough then the MT3G disaster and those same people complaining about the updates, I'm actually HAPPY to see people defending that "soon" doesn't have to be tomorrow

That said, I don't think the ICS update on the newer devices will be the same effect as Froyo on the MT3G.  The newer devices have the horsepower to handle it.  Froyo was a huge taxation on the MT3G, and there was only so much T-Mobile / HTC was willing to cut out of it.  [It did work "better" with more cut out, in my opinion, but there were still problems with it]

• 3. Re: T-Mobile comments about ICS
    thatoneguy

I personally, would rather wait for a clean bug/error free update then receive an update quickly that wasn't ready. This forum would light up like a Christmas tree if ICS was sent out to our Sensations with bugs. Just my 2 cents. 

• 4. Re: T-Mobile comments about ICS
    kennetht

smplyunprdctble wrote:

"soon" has no official definition.

Having seen the complaints about "soon" not being soon enough then the MT3G disaster and those same people complaining about the updates, I'm actually HAPPY to see people defending that "soon" doesn't have to be tomorrow

Glad I could brighten up your day a bit.  haha.