Unfortunately through Zune it only supports media. Though Windows live it is contacts
Although T-Mobile’s Mobile Backup is not an available feature for your phone model, contacts on your Windows Phone 7 are backed up to your Windows Live account.
To sync your existing T-Mobile contacts to your new WindowsLive account, follow these steps:
- If necessary, use your SIM card in another phone to copy your Mobile Backup contacts to the SIM card memory.
- Place the SIM card into your Windows Phone 7.
- Copy contacts from the SIM card memory to the phone memory.
- The contacts will automatically sync to your Windows Live account.
Windows Live backup
To see or manage your contacts via the Windows Live Web site, follow these steps:
- On your computer, go to http://login.live.com.
- Sign in to your Windows Live account.
- Hover your mouse cursor over Hotmail or Messenger at the top of the screen.
- Click Contacts.
For texts and games it is not supported.
Thanks so much for the post
Welcome to the Community
That's strange... I had test driven an HTC Surround on AT&T last summer for a week and bought a few basics with my "Windows Phone/Zune" account and when I activated my Radar - and deactivated the Surround - the purchases were still attached to my Live account.
If possible, log in to your 'Live' account and check the devices you have active. Microsoft only allows an app to be active on one device at a time, so you should be able to deactivate your old phone, activate the new one and reinstall any paid apps you have.
Let me know if that works for you as well.
Now that I have 2 phones linked to my Zune Marketplace account I can verify that this works. Simply log back in to the market on your new device, select the $2.99 price "Buy" option and it will tell you that you have already purchased the game and ask if you want to download it again. There is no charge for redownloading the games.