4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 10:13 AM by tmo_candace RSS

Nexus One rebooting after SIM card switch

I have a Nexus One, two years old now, that I haven't had any problems with up to now.  A week or so ago, I had to test out another phone and had my subscriber information transferred to a micro SIM so I could test out the other phone.  After deciding to stay with the Nexus One, a new SIM card was created for me and installed in the phone.  Since that time, I've been rebooting every few hours for no reason.  As I indicated, prior to the SIM card change, I had no problems with the phone at all.  Any ideas on what the issue might be or how it can be diagnosed?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Nexus One rebooting after SIM card switch
          tmo_candace

Hi darrix,

Are you receiving any error message?

Sounds like the issue may be related to the SIM card.  Please remove and reinsert the SIM card.  If the issue persists, test the device without the SIM card.  If that resolves the issue, please stop by a T-Mobile store to have your SIM card replaced. 

If the issue persists, please contact HTC for further support.  They will determine if the issue is related to the device, battery, or expansion card.

Hope this helps!

--candace

Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Nexus One rebooting after SIM card switch

Thanks, I'll give that a try.  From the other posts I've read on the board about similar situations, is there any way for you to see if my service settings are appropriate for Android?  I'm concerned that may changed when I was doing my testing.

I'll let you know.  Since I've already tried reseating the card several times, I'm going straight to running the phone without the card.  The reboot cycle was only a few hours so I should have a good idea soon.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Nexus One rebooting after SIM card switch

Hi, as you suggested, I tried running the phone without the SIM and it ran without incident.  Given that, I had the SIM replaced and all is well now. 

Thanks much.

• 4. Re: Nexus One rebooting after SIM card switch
                tmo_candace

Hi Darrix,

Thanks for the update!  I'm glad to hear that it worked.

--candace

Community Moderator