2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2014 6:36 PM by michaelpalmeter RSS

why are incoming calls going straight to voicemail?

why are incoming calls going straight to voicemail?

• 1. Re: why are incoming calls going straight to voicemail?

We're sorry to hear about that frustrating problem.  Most often, this is caused by a lack of signal or a malfunctioning SIM card.  We can activate a new SIM card for you at a T-Mobile retail store should that be the case.

Also, in case call forwarding was activated in error, you can dial # # 0 0 4 # (POUND POUND ZERO ZERO FOUR POUND) from your phone to cancel any automatic call forwarding.

Thanks for posting and have a great day.

mike_s

TForce

• 2. Re: why are incoming calls going straight to voicemail?
            michaelpalmeter

I have exactly the problem.  I have two iPhone 5c and one iPhone 5s that show the same behavior.  T-Mobile told me to call apple support.  I went through all of their troubleshooting guides and wiped and restored the phones and nothing works.  The first call from a given number within about 1/2 an hour always goes to voice-mail.  If the caller tries again within 1/2 an hour it will ring, but if they wait longer than 1/2 hour they'll get sent to voice-mail again.  This has been going on since I switched from AT&T.  I'm going to have to leave T-Mobile and go to another carrier.  The phones are borderline useless like this.