3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2012 6:31 AM by tmo_ian RSS

dash excalibur

ttvext

This is an older phone that I still use and am wondering if it is possible to upgrade the operating system.  It says I have windows mobile 6.0 but I don't know what the following means CE 5.2.1236.  Can anyone explain what that means?

• 1. Re: dash excalibur
    tmo_ian

Hey ttvext!

I think the device you are speaking of is the original T-Mobile Dash.  The CE 5.2.1236 is one of the many different software versions you can find on the device.  To ensure your device is running the latest software, check out http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade.  It has steps on checking the software version and updating to the most recent.

Thanks for joining the Community!

- Ian

• 2. Re: dash excalibur
    ttvext

If I am looking at it correctly, the t-mobile software that I have on the phone is the same that is offered on the page you directed me to.  However, I would like to upgrade to wm6, which I did not find there. 

• 3. Re: dash excalibur
    tmo_ian

Hey tvext!

Sorry it took so long to respond, we've been busy adding a bunch of new content to the Community.  If your device is showing that it is on the latest software, you are already running WM6 or Windows Mobile 6.

- Ian