13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 3:32 PM by notsosensational RSS

Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

For some reason I do not have the option to reject a call with a text message.  Under the "call" options in settings, the option to create/change the text message is there, however, when a call comes in I am screwed.  When I go to decline a call, i press the menue button (as usual) and it only gives me the option to mute the call....?  No reject option.  Are their others that have this same issue? Has anyone found a fix that has had this problem?

• 1. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

Hmm I don't have this option either. Tried a home phone and a mobile phone.

• 2. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

I don't see the option either, I'll try to reject some calls later to see if it works.

• 3. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

I'm thinking that this feature, along with a list of things a flagship phone "should" have, have been ignored with this device. I really need that feature for business. The fact that t-mo AND HTC don't even know about it (from my conversation) is disconcerting. smh

• 4. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?
                smplyunprdctble

You're not the only one who has it missing (although, apparently some people do... *points to Lolita*)

I did contact HTC about it.  It took a couple messages back and forth (I'm guessing things get lost in translation?) and this is the response I got (including the bad grammar and misspellings -- but at least they spelled my name correctly in THIS email as opposed to a previous):

Thank you for the response. I now fully understand the feature you are refurring about, this is a currently a known issue. We are investigating this as a top priority, and will take the appropriate actions to find a solution for you. Unfortunately I do not have an exact ETA on when this issue will be resolved, I can only suggest to periodically check www.htc.com/us/support for future announcements. I again apologize for any confusion and for any inconvenience.

• 5. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

wow. thanks for this. at least your rep knew what the feature was. that's great. i have no clue why the UK is soooo far ahead of us with an update (i don't care that the sensation came out over there first). there are a lot of issues with this phone that need to be addressed. The evo 3d, which came out AFTER  the Sensation, has already had an update. I am really begriming to think that that that this lack of attention to detail is a T-Mobil thing. NOT that t-mo makes the phone, but its what the allow htc to do with us, as customers, is a bit disturbing.

• 6. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

For whatever it's worth, the feature does work. I have seen it. Only thing is, it doesn't seem to work on the Sensation!  ;(

A good friend of mine and I were comparing my Sensation to his new EVO 3d. When I mentioned this feature as something missing, he very happily showed me that his Evo has it, and we played with it trying it out on a number of calls.  Yep, it works, and exactly the way we all seem to wish it did on our Sensations.  When he gets an incoming call and is going to "decline" it, he can get the option of either sending the pre-made "template" message or customizing a message before sending it.

We got on line and looked through the EVO 3d's owner's manual, and it even has a good section on how to use this feature.  (if you search the web and find the EVO 3d's manual in PDF format, look at page 24)

And it does indeed work.  I know that the EVO and the Sensation are both running Sense 3.0 and Android 2.3.3.  So I don't know if we're having an issue with the particular copy of the software installed on our Sensation during manufacture, if this feature was "disabled" for some reason by TMO (would have to think that), or whatever....but it can and does work.

Sidenote:  And for whatever it might be worth, even though the two phones are running the same software, the EVO manual is really well done.  It's like 70 or so pages longer then the Sensation's, and in a fair number of cases has better, clearer descriptions of how the various features work.  Some really good examples of using the features, etc. 

• 7. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

This is, IMO, a disturbing and familiar trend I am seeing with this phone and is sibling the EVO 3D. RAM, Battery, memory, accessories, et al. are all lacking on the Sensation vs. the Evo 3D. HTC is has touted record profits and there is attention to detail, in every aspect with the Evo 3D (including already having an update - before the Sensation - even though it came out after it). No one seems have any interest in making sure we T-mo customers get the same quality of product or attention to our flagship phone as Sprint does with their agreement with HTC. The phone has been out for two months (if you count globally). It would be "nice" if t-mo or HTC put on their website: "These are the know issues you may be having with the phone. We are going to have an update to you loyal t-mo customers by (FIXED DATED). We understand and will make sure to keep you blah, blah, blah..."

Most t-mo customers don't really get into their phones or have detailed talks about phones with people about the differences between carriers or search out forums. I do. Therefore, these continued and acceptable oversights by t-mo are things "i" consider when re-signing an agreement /getting money up for early termination fees. This feature is basic. I can clearly see a difference in the way Sprint works with HTC and T-mo does. Really not impressed.

• 8. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?
                        smplyunprdctble

notsosensational wrote:

Most t-mo customers don't really get into their phones or have detailed talks about phones with people about the differences between carriers or search out forums. I do. Therefore, these continued and acceptable oversights by t-mo are things "i" consider when re-signing an agreement /getting money up for early termination fees. This feature is basic. I can clearly see a difference in the way Sprint works with HTC and T-mo does. Really not impressed.

No offense... but, if that's the case, why DID you re-sign with T-Mobile to get the Sensation? (I'm making an assumption here, I know... but the flip side is why did you shell out $600 if the same is true)

It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened across carriers.

• 9. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

1. T-mo's rate plan is superior (until the merger) to all carriers. 2. I left t-mo and came back because i have always found the customer service to be great. 3. I was running Android on an hd2. it got a bit too laggy for me so I wanted upgrade to the best android device htc was going to produce for t-mo. I read about the Pyramid (now Sensation) and could not wait to get it because of the build up. Make no mistake, my disgruntled writing is based on high expectations I have for HTC. To know that they released (on paper) better spec'd phone and have provided immediate fixes on another carrier irritates me a tad. 

• 10. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

went to the support page and still nothing on the issue.  I remember when you went to a support page and an actual technician would chime in once in a while to actually "support" the customer. Not seing that on here or on HTC's site.

• 11. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

Until they get this fixed, are there any apps in the market that will add the function? I would frankly be surprised if there weren't.

• 12. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

i have not found it yet. I looked, but there was nothing I saw that spoke to this function.

• 13. Re: Am I the only one that does not have a "reject call with message" option?

HTC said to me, In september, that the option should be in the next update. Still not here. I have also not found a work around.