- There is no additional monthly charge to use the Wi-Fi Calling feature on your handset.
- Wi-Fi Calling uses monthly plan minutes for the following:
- Calls made from the US to US numbers
- Calls made from the US to international numbers (subject to international rates)
- Calls made from outside the US to US numbers (not charged roaming)
- Calls made from outside the US to international numbers (subject to international rates, but not charged roaming)
Note: You must disable Data Roaming when travelling internationally to avoid incurring data roaming charges.
Free Wi-Fi Calling can be added to Even More and Even More Plus plans for unlimited calls over Wi-Fi
- Sign into myTMO.com to add this feature to your account.
- With the Free Wi-Fi Calling feature calls made over Wi-Fi will not use monthly voice plan limits.
The internet connections on cruise ships are extremely slow and expensive. All the cruises I've been on, you pay by the minute you're connected, not by the amount of data. If you absolutely need your cell phone on, you're probably better off roaming for calls and turning off all data (to prevent high data roaming fees). Depending on where you're stopping, making your calls while you're at port will generally be cheaper (particularly if you stop in a US territory).