2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2011 4:20 AM by gramps28 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Trouble getting t-mobile to unlock my moto v360

About 10 days ago I contacted support to get my old v360 unlocked so I could use it in Europe.  I had discovered on the web that tmob was under a court order to unlock phones from old, fully paid accounts.  I qualified, so I called support and they agreed that they should be able to take care of it.  Unfortunately, they led me on a wild goose chase including a visit to my local Radio Shack store and 2 additional support calls.  On the final call, the support tech finally, after a couple of supervisor consults and me going into my old bills to prove my old account info which T-Mobile said they had deleted, he said I should expect a subsidy code in my email within 3 working days.  Never received an email, but I took my phone to a repair shop and for $35 they had my phone ready to use a Europe sim in 15 minutes.  The shop manager suggested I try to get T-mobile to reimburse me.  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Trouble getting t-mobile to unlock my moto v360

We bought a T Mobile phone off of Amazon to replace a broken phone. We were told by Amazon rep, 2 of OUR phone service reps that ANY unlocked phone would work with our company, Viaero.  The phone we got is a Motorola Sidekick Q700. It refuses to work saying we need a "special code number to allow our SIM card to work."  I, too, have been around the "mountain" several times, calling our phone service, Motorola, T Mobile, our local retailer and around again and each one says it is up to the other one to give us the code.  Now motorola says we have to get the code from whoever we purchased it from on Amazon.  How in the world do we do that???  Your story interested me so maybe we can go from here and get it unlocked somewhere.

• 2. Re: Trouble getting t-mobile to unlock my moto v360
    gramps28

Unfortunately the Sidekicks are the most expensive to unlock. Also you won't be able to use the

internet or IM with the sidekick since the Danger server is now disabled.

If you are within your return period I would send the phones back.

handyjasper wrote:

We bought a T Mobile phone off of Amazon to replace a broken phone. We were told by Amazon rep, 2 of OUR phone service reps that ANY unlocked phone would work with our company, Viaero.  The phone we got is a Motorola Sidekick Q700. It refuses to work saying we need a "special code number to allow our SIM card to work."  I, too, have been around the "mountain" several times, calling our phone service, Motorola, T Mobile, our local retailer and around again and each one says it is up to the other one to give us the code.  Now motorola says we have to get the code from whoever we purchased it from on Amazon.  How in the world do we do that???  Your story interested me so maybe we can go from here and get it unlocked somewhere.