4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 4:37 AM by aiharkness RSS

browser not working

My browser icon is missing, but if I go into options / advanced / applications / browser I can use menu button to switch applications and choose the browser.  I get a white screen with the BB logo.  When I use the menu button and choose "go to" and pick a website I receive this message :

Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.  Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device.

Where on this site do I go to contact someone to enable the browser?

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: browser not working
    tmo_keith_m

Internet is a pretty big deal, especially on a blackberry so I would like to help.  First thing you should attempt is to download the service books, assuming you have an older blackberry here is how:

menu/options/advanced/host routing table/(highlight the bolded one)menu/register now

retest after you recieve the message

If that doesn't work I would like to know what network indicator you have by the signal bars, GSM, edge, EDGE?

Thanks, let us know!

• 2. Re: browser not working

I have an 8100.

I just tried:

menu/options/advanced/host routing table/(highlight the bolded one)menu/register now

and received the message:

Registration message sent!

After I received that message I tried again and received the same (Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.  Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device) message.  I then removed the battery, rebooted the phone, and tried again with the same result.

I am on an edge network with four bars.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• 3. Re: browser not working

I have the same problem. Are you still unable to use the Browser?

• 4. Re: browser not working
    aiharkness

See response to your thread.