14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 11:59 AM by degnanf RSS

Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

tmo_phillip

Hello everyone!

I'd like to welcome you all to the new and improved Garminfone boards!

Take a look around, check the place out and let us know what you think in our Feedback board. Oh, and don't forget to like and rate posts!

If you'd like some pointers on getting started in the new Forum, check out our awesome videos below. I promise this isn't just a shameless plug for me and my turkey pal.

Welcome to the New T-Mobile Support Community!

Community Conduct, Phill and a Jive Turkey.

Feel free to introduce yourselves in here, and let's start posting!

• 1. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

and we start anew.

• 2. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!
            tmo_lauren

That turkey shines like a star in the how to video, go turkey go.

• 3. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

Good grief Charlie brown.. not only do you get rid of all our old threads, but you require us to re-register as well.

Can you make it any mroe complicated?

It is one thing to redesign a forum interface, but yet another to totally start over not only with threads but a user account

Where is all our old threads? There is a lot of useful information there

Are we practicing to be AT&T already?

• 4. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

I agree, and annother thing, we could access the old forum interface from our trusy Garminfones.

• 5. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

Hi Phillip,

Since this "new and improved" forum has lost the old content, perhaps you can tell me why my Garminfone's camera is unable to access SD card or device memory.

Thanks!

Scott

• 6. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!
                    tmo_phillip

Hey bigbadbriggs,

The new Forums, just like it's predecessor, is a user to user Forum. We Moderators are here to help out the best we can and make sure everything is running smoothly.

What I'd recommend is creating a new post regarding your question so other folks here can help you out. One huge benefit that this new format gives us is the creation of help documents. If users such as yourself find a solution to a tricky issue, we can create a help document that will show up to anyone looking for help on T-Mobile.com, not just to the Forum users!

I hope this helps clarify everything for you a bit, but please reach out to myself or any other Moderators via PM if you have any other concerns!

Thanks!

~Phillip

• 7. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

where is the old forum threads?

• 8. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

The old forums had a wealth of information that I relied on more than once.  At a minimum, you need to give us access to that archive even if the posts are closed.

• 9. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

phillip wrote:

Hey bigbadbriggs,

The new Forums, just like it's predecessor, is a user to user Forum. We Moderators are here to help out the best we can and make sure everything is running smoothly.

What I'd recommend is creating a new post regarding your question so other folks here can help you out. One huge benefit that this new format gives us is the creation of help documents. If users such as yourself find a solution to a tricky issue, we can create a help document that will show up to anyone looking for help on T-Mobile.com, not just to the Forum users!

I hope this helps clarify everything for you a bit, but please reach out to myself or any other Moderators via PM if you have any other concerns!

Thanks!

~Phillip

I see a lot of threads from the previous forum cited on Google, but the links - even the cached ones- just take you here to these empty threads. I think what the people here are asking and also myself is, is there any way to access the old forums, even just as an archive?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful reply.

• 10. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!
                            tmo_phillip

Hey anndroid,

Firstly, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the Google searches, we've noticed that too. Essentially, we have the URL redirecting here, which is why you find yourself here when trying those links. All of the old Forums are housed on another server, and we're trying to get access to that server. I've mentioned before that we're not 100% sure that we can do this, but we're trying to do just that based on user feedback. If we're sucessfull, we hope to allow everyone access to a read only version of the old Forums so they can grab content that they feel is useful, but we don't have a way to import any info without some good old copy and pasting. And if we are successful, it will be only for a limited time before that server shuts down.

Whatever happens, I assure you and everyone else that we'll let you all know once we have a definitive answer.

~Phillip

• 11. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

SWEET!

That is good news Mr. Moderator!

• 12. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

So the old thread about this issue - that I spent a bunch of time setting up an account and posting to to try to find an answer for this problem, is now gone. Great. I suppose this is what we have to look forward to with At&t. Wonderful. How do you even start a new thread here? Can we just get a fix for this stupid camera issue already?

• 13. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

Wow, I clicked 'reply' on the post about the camera issue and it posted my response at the bottom of the page instead of inline. Could this new system be any more useless?

• 14. Re: Welcome to the new Garminfone Forum!

I need to unlock my garmin asus model phone 01000846 buy it online I live in Honduras Central America and does not work with local companies ... I leave the imei ... 357355031045880 my email is degnanf@hotmail.com