Have you put music on the device already that you would like to use as a ringtone? If yes, do you see them in the Soundsfolder? When you follow the steps below - do you see them at step 7 when you navigate to the ringtone?
- From the main screen, select Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Select Profiles.
- Scroll to the desired profile and select Options.
- Select Edit.
- At Voice ringtone, select Change.
- Navigate to the desired ringtone and select Insert.
- Select Done.
MP3, Hifi, Midi, SMAF, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, Polyphonic, WMA and WPEG4 file types are all supported as ringtones on the LG GS170.
I hope this answers your question!
You can download T-Mobile Ringtones, Wallpapers, Games and Applications from either your computer or from your phone without attaching a USB cable.
To download from a computer:
- Log into My T-Mobile.
- Hover over Shop.
- Click Games or Apps.
- Location the desired item.
- Click Buy Now next to the desired purchase option.
- Note: A download message will appear on the device. Open it and click the link to save the download.
- On the phone, open the flip.
- Select Menu.
- Select Messaging.
- Scroll to and select Inbox.
- At the Service Message, select Open.
- Select Retrieve.
- Select OK.
- Select View or Use as wallpaper.
What if I want to use MY OWN ringtone in my LG/GS170, NOT something from T-mobile? What format should the file be in, and how do I upload it from my computer to the phone? (And by the way, why doesn't the mini-USB socket on the side of the GS170 actually function as a USB connection? All it seems to do is act as a charging point, with no data capability at all. It would have been easy to upload and download photos if the USB worked properly.)
I just did this. I used a Dell PC and connected to the LG via bluetooth. Then when connected I went into the bluetooth program and chose transfer files. You can transfer pictures to the phone, mp3 ringtones etc. Make sure the files are small, phone memory is rather small. I have not tried tranferring filesfrom the phone to the laptop via bluetooth. It might not be possible.
I was also able to transfer fotos from my phone to my PC via bluetooth. Link the phone to the PC, call up the foto on the phone and tell it you want to send it via bluetooth. Would be nice if there was a hardwire way of doing this since each foto had to be sent individually and deleted individually.