I have used both the Amaze and Sensation and they are both great phones with
great camera quality but the Sensation only has a 5mp camera. I like the Sensation
better since it's my first smart phone and really didn't give the Amaze a chance. I only
used it for 2 weeks but I have messed around with it off and on since then.
Hey Jim! Great questions about the Amaze and the Galaxy S 2! Both are fantastic phones. A huge benefit of the Amaze and the Galaxy S 2 is that they both have front facing cameras and come with pre-installed Qik video chat. Both the Amaze and Galaxy S 2 have an 8 MP camera with a flash and both have a 2 MP front facing camera. Both have the Android operating system, so one thing to be aware of is that both phones will require a data package with the purchase. Either phone you choose you would be making a wonderful choice! Android is an excellent operating system with tons of free app downloads! You can even download differerent camera effect apps. Your wife will love it! Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions regarding your purchase! Thanks!
I've had the phone for about 3 days now and I love it. I chose the Amaze over the Galaxy S II ( SGII) for a few reasons:
- The Amaze is heavier than the SGII- The SGII feels like its made of plastic where the Amaze feels like it's made of metal (I know it's not). It just feels like its made of a better quality material. I am not sure if that's the case, but thats the feeling I get.
- The display on the SGII appears a bit catoony to me. I like that the Amaze's icons don't look like they belong on a child's play thing.
- I've heard reviews from people that the SGII has a better display, but the Amaze has a much better camera. I have no data to back this up as I haven't taken any pictures yet.
- I upgraded from the HTC myTouch 3G, so I am used to the Android OS. I choose AOS over iOS any day. I could spend a day explaining why, but that's for another post
- The SGII was too big for me. If I wanted a tablet, I would have purchased one.
- The AOS is super user friendly. Not too hard to figure out.
Over all, I am 100% satisfied with this phone, and with full 4G service, it really is blazingly fast. I highly recommend it. The Amaze and the SGII are the top of the line phones that T-Mobile offers, and quite honestly, no other phones could compare. Choose the Amaze...you won't be sorry! Be careful though, if you get one for the Mrs., you'll want one for yourself!
I own an Amaze and won a Galaxy S2. Amaze is my choice for many reasons. The display is just better. I know a lot of people say GS2 has a better display, but honestly, I have comapred the two and comapred the Amaze with friend's GS2's and the Galaxy has a slightly green/blue hue to it which makes things (in my opinion) look over-saturated, especially reds. The amaze offers a much truer look in terms of color. Also the Galaxy is a bit dimmer when set to auto brightness. The Galaxy also is wider and does not feel as good to hold (again opinion).
Amaze had a much better camera, I would say the best camera I have every seen on a Cellphone, hands down. The build quality is tremendous and feels like you get what you pay for. It also has dedicated camera and camcorder buttons.
Having said that... The Galaxy has better battery life, running the same settings and same use I saw about 3-4 extra hours on the Galaxy S2 over the Amaze.
I would argue that the amaze has a brighter screen on auto and if turned down to the level of the Galaxy on auto does get better battery life, but still a little short of the galaxy.
Overall, I choose the Amaze for camera,build and performance, just wish it had a stronger battery.