That could be a problem however let's move along. Plug up your phone and disable any antivirus and firewall you may have. Be sure to pay close attention to see if you have the UAC (user account control) on and
1. Click Start and Right click on (my) computer.
2. Click on manage
3. Click on Device Manager on the far left side
4. There should be one device on there that has a yellow triangle and black exclamation point.
5. Right click on it and Uninstall
6. Unistall Samsung Kies
7. Restart the computer.
8. Now reinstall Samsung Kies
9. Be sure to check on the UAC and the Antivirus & Firewall
10. Now run Samsung Kies allow it to update. After it's done hook up your phone and see if it's get's recognized.