I have only had this phone for a little over a month and have continuous problems with it! The screen freezes when I have incoming calls, my apps freeze and go to a black screen. I have to take out the battery just so I can use it again! I have the most recent updated software, I have a task killer and anti-virus. I don't understand what is wrong with it. I don't even have a lot of apps that I downloaded and really want to delete some of the apps that came on the phone, but I can't find how do to that. Can someone PLEASE HELP!!! I can't use a phone that doesn't work, and it is my only phone. I don't have a house phone anymore and rely solely on my cell phone!
First, uninstall your task killer - those generally cause more problems than they solve, including instability. Especially so if it’s one of those automated task killers where you add your criteria and let it do it’s own thing. It could very well be killing dependencies for apps so if you launch those apps they can crash or cause the phone to start doing weird things.Second, don’t install apps that were downloaded outside of Google Play. Rogue apps are all over the place but at least Google Play has some level of screening. Uninstall all the side-loaded apps.Finally, try a factory reset and run the phone for a few days without installing anything. If the problems persist then it can be argued that the problem is with the phone - if the problems disappear then try and narrow it down by installing one app at a time and using the phone thoroughly before installing a second app and so on - to find the one(s) that are causing issues.Good luck!
In addition to manik's suggestion, there is a software update available for your phone. Check out the link for more information.
I think this is a norm with this phone. My wife phone does the same thing from day one got an update yesterday and it's moving even slower than before.... regret ever upgrading and extending my contract...
99% of the time it is apps esp task killer apps that mess things up i think when people have issues here they should list all the apps they are running.
the only apps that we insall on the phone is facebook and 4 kids puzzle games.
90% of the time issues of thise severity are user error accross all devices, all phones and tablets from all manufactueres. The remaining 10% are hardware/OS issues. If the OP's issues were even 1% of us there would be far more people complaining about it on the forums. So, no spike1476, it's not the norm for this phone.
that's an understatement... You are trying to tell me everyone use their phone 90% of the time it incorrectly..
Is there a school or online course that teach u how to use a phone properly?
No that’s not what I said.
"90% of the time issues of this severity are user error accross all devices, all phones and tablets from all manufactueres."
To be clear, I'm saying 90% of the people who use phones or tablets and have the same issues the OP is having, screen freeze, app freeze, black screen, are user error as in any of the following - using side loaded task killers, have installed rogue apps/malware [from questionable places or side loaded], have rooted and deleted/uninstalled important dependencies, have flashed a ROM which may have removed or destabilized features or functions etc etc etc...
Thank you for clarifying that.
However I did nothing of that sort to the phone and it still has a lag when selecting an apps or even when you try answering the phone it lag and sometime miss the call.. all 5 of my apps FB and 4 kids puzzle are from Google.
and with the update it's even more sluggish..
I wasn't commenting to your issue so it doesn't surprise me.You should start your own thread and provide as much information as you can so support can properly diagnose and help you; instead of dropping your problem into other peoples thread where they can go ignored.
gingerbread is a little sluggish android is not the most fluid i have many smartphones this one and my daughters Samsung galaxy S 4g feel about the same unlike my nokia windows phone which is very fluid. I think ICS would smooth things out but who knows
I have a G2X and works perfect..
Had an battery hicup with the recent update but did a hard reset and it's fine now..
I will try to do a hard reset on the MyTouch E739 again and if that don't work will have to call T-Mobile and have the replace it..
phone still sluggish even after a hard reset.. Have to call tmobile
task killers aint an issue and neither are users..the phone is a pain to use even after a reset or an update it freezes,stutters and slows down..the phone is the issue
Retrieving data ...