I have a ATT iPhone 4S that i am using with R Sim on Tmobile, Phone Calls and SMS are working but DATA and MMS are not working for me, is there way i can make data and mms work on my phone with unlock and jailbreak since the phone has OS 5.1 and i will not be able to to unlock or jailbreak since it is not possible at time
Help is needed and i will be great if you can help me
133 Views and no help
Here is instructions for setting these features up, just make sure you have data on your plan with us http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2383
I can only use those instructions if my phone is factory unlocked or but since i am using my phone with R Sim i dont have the options to add these settings in there
I am developing a method that I am convinced will work!
I do need you to help me out to make it work though.
So I assume many of you have issues with your iPhones MMS on T-Mobile so here is the real solution (jailbroken or not)
Download iBackupBot (you can also find this online)
You will need to download this file:https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B22m_wKMhBgwYzY5MTQwYTEtNGZlZS00Mzc1LWJmYzItZTI0NTEzYjJkY2Q0
1. Open iBackupBot and search for you most recent backup (backup your phone to your computer now)
2. Search for Library/Prefrences/com.apple.mms_override.plist
3. Open the file
4. Open the file I made you download in the link above
5. Copy the settings from the file I made you download into the file opened from iBackupBot
7. Scroll down till you find SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist and open it
8. On Lines 35, 79, and 209 you will replace what is below apn with:
9. You will see a setting in iBackupBot that lets you restore from backup (looks like and iphone with a green arrow)
10. Your phone will now say restore in process
11. Enjoy MMS
Is it complicated, hell yes!
Does it work, yes!
for step 8 when u say you will replce what is below apn with: <string>EPC.TMOBILE.COM</string>. what are we replacing?
when i replace line 35, 79, 209 with <string>EPC.TMOBILE.COM</string> then i try to save it, i keep getting an error and it wont let me save.
Retrieving data ...