Simple Choice Goes Global details
As of October 20, 2013, eligible Simple Choice and New Classic plans have Include international roaming at no extra charge. Unlimited web and messaging are included in 100+ countries and voice calls are $0.20/minute. Find out more on this page, or at our International services page.
Roaming in Simple Global Countries
- Data roaming requires a domestic roaming feature.
- Includes Unlimited Web at standard speeds of approximately 128Kbps & Unlimited Messaging in Simple Global countries. 128kbps speed is ideal for email, web pages, navigation, and social apps.
- $0.20/minute voice calling to Simple Global countries (including the U.S.).
Note: Calling to access your voicemail counts as an outbound call at the same $0.20/minute rate.
- $0.00/message, unlimited text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS) to any mobile number in Simple Global countries (including the U.S.).
Note: See below for Wi-Fi charges and details.
Roaming in Non-Simple Global Countries
The following applies if you're on an eligible rate plan traveling to non-Simple Global countries:
- Talk and messaging are automatically enabled and charged at WorldClass rates.
- Data is disabled by default. You can enable data by dialing #RON# and then pressing Send on your device.
- If you have enabled data via #RON#, you can disable it anytime by dialing #ROF# and then pressing Send on your device.
- You can block voice, messaging, and data by adding the International Blocking feature at no additional cost. For more information, contact Customer Service.
Note: If you have the blocking feature, it takes priority over dialing #RON# or dialing #ROF#.
The following rate plans are eligible:
- Simple Choice plans, including consumer, business, data-only, and Mobile Internet (formerly Mobile Broadband).
- New Classic plans launched since March 2013, including consumer, business, data-only, and Mobile Internet.
The following rate plans are not eligible:
- Simple Choice without Credit Check
- Prepaid / Pay in Advance
- Legacy plans, such as grandfathered Classic and Value (launched prior to March 2013), Even More, Even More Plus, myFaves, and Get More
You can switch to an eligible plan to receive included international roaming.
Text Message Customer Notifications
You may receive a message if you're on an eligible plan about the new included international roaming.
Free SMS message: Free T-Mo msg: Big News! Our unlimited data coverage is now global including 100+ countries-at no extra cost. See your global benefits. T-mobile.com/global
Wi-Fi Calling and Messaging Impacts
- All incoming calls received over Wi-Fi are $0.00.
- Wi-Fi calls placed to the U.S. from anywhere are $0.00.
- Wi-Fi calls placed to a destination on the Simple Global Country List is $0.20 only.
- Wi-Fi calls placed to a destination not on the Simple Global Country List are $0.20 + Wi-Fi toll charges. See the list of International Long Distance rates for rates by country, which already includes the $0.20.
- Wi-Fi calls while roaming will be grouped under “All Countries (International Wi-Fi)” in the Roaming Charges section of the bill.
- All text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS) received over Wi-Fi are $0.00.
- SMS/MMS sent to the U.S. over Wi-Fi from anywhere are $0.00.
- SMS/MMS sent to countries other than the U.S. over Wi-Fi are $0.20.