Learn how to check the software version and update the Nokia Lumia 925. Find out more on this page:
Understanding the software version
On October 10, a software update to Software version 3050.0000.1336.0005 will be released for the Nokia Lumia 925. The software update, which will be available by Over The Air (OTA), adds user experience improvements.
Microsoft will send notification that the software update is available, but you can manually pull the over the air update when it is available by going to settings > phone update > check for updates.
Note: The update process can take up to 1 hour to complete and the device will not be usable during that time. It is also recommended to connect the device to the charger during this time.
Windows Phone Version 8.0 / Software version 3050.0000.1336.0005 - Current version
- Windows Phone version 8.0
- Software/firmware number 3050.0000.1336.0005
- Updated 10/10/2013
- User experience improvements
- OTA update
- Device is running OS version 8.0 / Firmware number 3050.0000.1330.2004.
- More than 50% battery life
- 70 MB available memory (File size of update is 70MB)
Windows Phone Version 8.0 / Software version 3050.0000.1330.2004
Windows Phone version 8.0 / Software version 3045.0000.1325.0003
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
Download update from Microsoft
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi data connection.
- From the Home screen, swipe left.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Touch phone update.
- Touch check for updates.
- Follow on screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.