Learn how to set custom ringtones and notifications on the Nokia Lumia 521. Find out more on this page:
Set custom sounds
To change the notification sounds, follow these steps:
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap ringtones + sounds.
- Tap the type of notification you want to change.
- Tap the desired alert.
To change the ringtone, follow these steps:
Ringtone for all calls
- From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
- Tap settings.
- Tap ringtones+sounds.
- Tap the Ringtone field.
- Select the desired ringtone.
Ringtone for calls from one contact
We’re sorry, but this feature is not available on this device.
Transfer music or sounds to use
Some devices require you to transfer music, sounds, or other audio files to the device in a certain way for it to be used for ringtones and notifications. To transfer these files, follow these steps:
- Plug the small end of your USB cable into your phone and plug the other end into your computer.
- Navigate to your phone's memory folders or open the folders by clicking Open device to view files using Windows Explorer from the pop-up window.
- Drag and drop the audio files into the Ringtones folder.
- Safely disconnect the USB cable. Added audio files appear in the 'Custom' section of your ringtone list.