Learn how to check the software version and update the BlackBerry Bold 9900. Find out more on this page:
Understanding the software version
There is currently no software update available.
BlackBerry OS Version 126.96.36.1992 - Current version
- OS version 188.8.131.522
- Approved 4/02/13
- Improved CMAS functionality.
- Adds Name ID functionality.
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press and hold the Alt key while entering the letters ESCR.
Note: The 'Help Me!' screen displays.
- View the software version next to App Version.
Check for software updates
To check for software updates, follow these steps:
Download update via device
Important: The update can take up to two hours and the phone will be inoperable during the process. You will not be able to make or receive calls or text messages until the update is complete. Since the update can take up to two hours, it is recommended that you do not start this process until you can be without your phone for an extended period.
- If necessary, touch the bottom of the Home screen to expand the Applications panel.
- Scroll to the All panel and tap the Options icon.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Software Updates.
- Scroll to and select Perform Update.
- Scroll to and select Download.
- Wait while the device downloads and prepares the update.
- Note: This will take longer on a slower connection. It is recommended to connect to Wi-Fi for the fastest update.
- Scroll to and select Yes to start the update process.
- The device will restart during the update and will display the following screens:
- Verifying update
- Backing up your data
- Unpacking software
- White loading screen
- Patching OS
- Patching Java
- Linking Java
- Black loading screen
- T-Mobile startup screen
- Restoring data
- Update successful
Update device software through your computer
You can update your device software through your computer, even if you have not received the Over the Air notification. To download or check for updates, refer to these documents:
- Upgrade device software: BlackBerry (non-BES only)
- Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software to install device software: BlackBerry
- Update your BlackBerry device software using BlackBerry Desktop Software
- BlackBerry 7 general support videos
- BlackBerry Desktop Software general support videos