Learn how to read icons, status lights, and the IMEI of the Samsung Galaxy S 4. Find out more on this page:
To find buttons and what they do, refer to the following:
- Indicator light illuminates with a series of distinct colors and flashing patterns to indicate different notifications and statuses. Events include Charging, Low battery, and Missed event:
- Powering on - blue blinks/animates
- Battery Charging - red remains on
- Battery Fully Charged - green remains on.
- Low Battery or Charging Error- red blinks/animates
- Missed Notification (Call or Messaging) - blue blinks/animates
- Light (RGB) Sensor lets you use the ambient light level to adjust the screen brightness/contrast.
- Menu key displays a list of options available for the current screen.
- Home key displays the Home screen when pressed. Press and hold to display your recent apps, Task manager, and Remove all option. Double-press to activate S Voice.
- Microphones are used during phone calls and allow other callers to hear you clearly when you are speaking to them. There are two microphones on the device:
- Top microphone: used while an active call is in the speakerphone mode and assists in noise cancellation
- USB Power/Accessory connector allows you to connect a power cable or optional accessories such as a USB/data cable.
- Back key redisplays the previous screen or clears entries.
- Display shows all the information needed to operate your phone, such as the connection status, received signal strength, phone battery level, and time.
- Front Facing Camera allows you to take pictures while facing the screen and allows you to video conference.
- Gestures Sensor used to detect Air View and Air Gesture motions.
- Proximity Sensor detects how close an object is to the surface of the screen. This is typically used to detect when your face is pressed up against the screen, such as during a phone call.
- While talking on the phone, the sensor detects talk activity and locks the keypad to prevent accidental key presses.
- Receiver allows you to hear the other caller
To understand what icons and indicators on the display screen mean, refer to the following:
To find the IMEI serial number of your device, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Status.
- View the IMEI.
Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI)
T-Mobile devices have an indicator that shows if it has been subjected to liquid damage. To read the Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI), follow these steps:
- Remove the back cover and battery from your device.
- View the images to read the label:
White LDI (indicates no liquid damage)
Pink or red LDI (indicates liquid damage)
To understand what the status light indicators and charging lights mean, refer to the following:
Note: To adjust your Status light settings, follow these steps: From any Home screen, tap the Menu key, tap Settings, tap the My device tab, tap LED Indicator.
- Charging: Red LED lights up when you charge the device while screen is off.
- Low battery: Red LED lights up when battery is low and screen is off.
- Notifications: LED lights up when you have missed calls, messages, or application events and the screen is off.
- Voice recording: Blue LED lights up when you are recording and the screen is off.