Understanding the software version
On October 3, a software update to Software version 3046.0000.1328.2024 was resumed for the Nokia Lumia 521. The software update, which will be available by Over The Air (OTA), will add Data Sense application, FM radio, and user experience improvements.
Microsoft will send notification that the software update is available, but you can manually pull the over the air update when it is available by going to phone update > check for updates.
Note: The update process can take up to 1 hour to complete and the device will not be usable during that time. It is also recommended to connect the device to the charger during this time. If the update takes longer than 1 hour, see Spinning gears: Nokia Lumia 521.
Windows Phone Version 8.0 / Software version 3046.0000.1328.2024 - Current version
- Windows Phone version 8.0
- Software/firmware number 3046.0000.1328.2024
- Updated 8/15/2013
- Data Sense application
- FM radio
- User experience improvements
- OTA update
- Device is running OS version 8.0 / Firmware number 1030.6409.1316.0016
- More than 50% battery life
- Wi-Fi connection
- 248 MB available memory (File size of update is 248 MB)
Windows Phone Version 8.0 / Software version 1030.6409.1316.0016
Windows Phone Version 8.0 / Software version 1030.6409.1311.0011
Help & How to
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
Download update from Microsoft
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi data connection.
- From the Home screen, swipe left.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Touch phone update.
- Touch check for updates.
- Follow on screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.
How over-the-air (OTA) updates work