Learn how to transfer music files and play them on the LG Optimus L9. Find out more on this page:
Play music or MP3
To play music or MP3s in the music player, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Music.
- Tap one of the following tabs:
- Songs tab
- Albums tab
- Artists tab
- Genres tab
- Playlists tab (touch the top of the screen and drag left)
- Folders tab (touch the top of the screen and drag left)
- Navigate to and tap the desired song.
Note: Touch and hold on an album or playlist and then tap Play to start playing these collections. Otherwise, tap the album or playlist and then tap the desired song inside to begin playing from that song.
Transfer music from computer to device
To transfer music files between a computer and the device, follow these steps:
Note: To see a list of file formats that the device can play, see Tech specs.
- Connect USB cable to the phone, then to a computer.
- On your phone, tap Media sync (MTP) when the pop-up window appears.
Note: Your computer may start to automatically download a LG USB driver. Do do not unplug the USB cable until the drivers finish installing.
- On the computer, navigate to and open the phone’s disk drive and navigate to the desired folder.
- Navigate to the desired music file(s) on your computer.
- Drag and drop the files into your phone's disk drive.
- When finished, safely disconnect the phone from the computer.