Understanding the Issue
- Safe search stuck on 'strict'
- Safe search setting does not change or save
Help & How to
To troubleshoot the Safe search setting, follow these steps:
The only case where T-Mobile is connected to this kind of problem is when Web Guard is set up. It will restrict Safe Search. If it's off, the problem is related to the phone or Google Account.
- Turn off Web Guard.
Google account settings
Safe search is a Google.com web site setting, not a browser setting:
- Turn on cookies. If cookies are disabled, the web site Safe Search setting may not save.
- On the phone, open the web browser.
- Touch Menu, Settings.
- Check that cookies are enabled.
(On ICS, go to Privacy and security, then Accept cookies check box should be selected. If you need more steps to check cookie settings, use common procedures)
- Go back to the browser screen, and go to Google.com.
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Search Settings.
- Select or clear the SafeSearch Filters check box.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Touch the Save button.
- If this setting page doesn't work, have the customer contact Google or use Specific web sites not working. This is part of Google's web page and not part of the phone's web browser.
The YouTube app settings are separate. Unlike the web page settings, they are part of the app:
- Open the YouTube app.
- Touch Menu, Settings, Search, SafeSearch Filtering.
- Touch a filter level.
If Safe search is still stuck on strict or not working after all the steps above, see Google account help or contact Google: http://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en