Understanding the Issue
- Audio interference or crackling and popping noise when on phone calls
- This crackling or popping noise only happens on the One S earpiece. The other party does not hear it.
What happens and why
There are reports of audio popping and crackling on phone calls.
Help & How to
To fix audio problems like crackling and popping noises on phone calls, follow these steps:
- To improve the audio, update the device software.
- If problems continue after software update, perform a master reset.
- If on Wi-Fi calling, disconnect and reconnect to Wi-Fi router.
- If problems continue after software update and master reset, turn airplane mode on and then off again.
- Lower the device volume.
- If using a headset or Bluetooth, disconnect it.
- Follow standard troubleshooting for network related issues to verify that customer is not experiencing bad signal (ICM, IHLR etc,).
- Place a test call to verify the crackling or popping does not happen.
- If problems continue, verify the correct SIM is in device.
- Verify that the SIM cover is closed securely on device.
- If problems continue, contact us.