Understanding the Update
Beginning April 22, the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G will have an optional software update to Android version 4.1.2/ Baseband version T699UVBMC5 via OTA and Samsung Kies. This update changes the OS to Jelly Bean.
You can update in two ways:
- Over the air (OTA) update to T699UVBMC5: OTA pull update is available as of 4/22/2013. You will not receive notification of this update. The OTA will continue to be available until 5/30/2013. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.
- Manual download to T699UVBMC5: You can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
|Current Baseband Version||Update Status|
|This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.|
T-Mobile and Samsung will not send you a software update.
Devices with non-T-Mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.
To find the software version on your device, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About device.
- View the Baseband version.
Android version 4.1.2/ Baseband version T699UVBMC5 - Current version
- Android version 4.1.2/ Baseband version T699UVBMC5
- Approved 4/22/2013
- Samsung Kies only
- New Features
- Jelly Bean OS
- T699UVLH1 or T699UVLJ1 or T699UVMA2 Baseband version
- Device software is not rooted
- 50% battery life
- Data connection
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- File size of update is 411 MB
Android version 4.0.4/ Baseband version T699UVMA2 - Approved 2/4/2013
Android version 4.0.4/ Baseband version T699UVLJ1
Android version 4.0.4/ Baseband version T699UVLH1
Help & How To's
Download update via OTA
Check for updates
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About device.
- Touch Software update.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive a prompt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is not available, tap on OK.
- If the update is not available, you will receive the message The device is up to date.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android version 4.1.2 / Baseband version T699UVBMC5.
Download update via Kies
- Download the most recent version of Kies by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ (Select the SAMSUNG Kies version compatible with the PC)
Note: Save the file to a desired location - the Desktop is recommended for easy access.
Ensure you are on the most recent Kies version. If you attempt to check for Kies updates manually through the application, older versions may not recognize that there is a new version available. Compare your version number (found in Help > Kies Info) with that available through Samsung (click the file to download, on the download screen, the file name will include 2.x.x.x.xxxxx_, this is the current version available).
- Double click the Kies file. The program will self extract, no action is required
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box for "I accept..." and click Next.
- Kies will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Prepare the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
Note: USB Debugging is only needed when using a MAC to Update via Kies.
- From the Android home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings.
- Tap Developer options.
- Tap Ok.
- Tap USB Debugging.
- Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
- Insert the USB data cable into the phone and then into an available port on the computer.
- Select Media device(MTP) at the phone prompt. The PC should recognize several devices and begin installation. This is normal and may take a few minutes. Unplug the data cable when completed.
Upgrade the device to Android version 4.1.2/ Baseband version T699UVBMC5
Important: Verify you have backed up all of your data, including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
- On the PC, open the Kies application.
- Connect the device to the computer using the included USB cable.
- Once Kies recognizes the device, a popup window will appear.
- Click Update.
- Read the Caution statements and select the I have read... check box.
- If desired, select Allow saving to back up the device. If not, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- The software will download to the PC, and then to the device.
- When the update completes, the 'Firmware Upgrade Complete' window will appear.
- Click OK to confirm.
If you are experiencing any difficulty completing the software update, contact Customer Care for further assistance.