Learn how to update your SIM card online. You may need to update your SIM card if:
- You've purchased a new phone, tablet, or internet device that uses a different type of SIM card.
- You're replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged SIM card.
- You've replaced your SIM card to unlock new features, such as Wi-Fi Calling.
To update your SIM card, follow these steps:
- Back up any contacts you saved to the SIM card, using Gmail, iCloud, Microsoft account, an SD card, or other options. This varies by device.
- Check the type of SIM card your phone needs. See SIM card types.
- Make sure you have the SIM card type your phone needs. If you don't have the correct type, you'll need to purchase a SIM card.
- Find the new SIM card number. It begins with 8901.
- Go to http://www.t-mobile.com/SIM.
- Log in using your mobile number and My T-Mobile password.
- Follow the steps on the page.
Note: It may up to 2 hours for your new SIM card to work.
- Insert the new SIM card into your phone. If you need steps, you can find them in Phones, Tablets, & Devices.