Understanding the Update
Beginning August 14th, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus will have an optional manual software update to Android version 4.0.5 /Software T869UVLG7 (Ice Cream Sandwich) via Kies only.
- Important: This update can ONLY be completed by tethering the tablet to the computer via USB and using Samsung Kies to upload the new software to the tablet. This update will NOT be delivered Over-the-Air (OTA).
- Note: This optional update will wipe the Home Screen layout. Advise customers of this change before assisting with the update.
You can update in only one way:
Manual download to T869UVLG7: If you want to update to Ice Cream Sandwich, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
|Software version||Approval/Release Date|
- Version Information
- Android version 4.0.5 / Software version T869UVLG7
- Note: See Top 10 things to know about TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS) update.
- Manual Update ONLY (Size varies based on previous software version)
- Notification via Android Notifications
- Approved 8/14/12
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- ICS update will be required to use Media Hub after August 27th.
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- At least 50% battery life
To manually install the update via Kies - Android version 4.0.5/ Software version T869UVLG7 ONLY, follow these steps:
- Important: If you do not have a computer for the ICS update, there is no another option for this update at this time.
- Download the most recent version of Kies by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ (Select the SAMSUNG Kies version compatible with the PC).
- Note: Save the file to a desired location - the Desktop is recommended for easy access.
- Ensure you are on the most recent Kies version. If you attempt to check for Kies updates manually through the application, older versions may not recognize that there is a new version available. Compare your version number (found in Help > Kies Info) with that available through Samsung (click the file to download, on the download screen, the file name will include 2.x.x.x.xxxxx_, this is the current version available).
- Double click the Kies file. The program will self-extract, no action is required.
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box for "I accept..." and click Next.
- Kies will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Prepare the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
- From the Android home screen, press the Menu bar and tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Development.
- Tap USB Debugging.
- Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
- Insert the USB data cable into the device and then into an available port on the computer.
- Select Samsung Kies at the phone prompt. The PC should recognize several devices and begin installation. This is normal and may take a few minutes. Unplug the data cable when completed.
Upgrade the device to Android version 4.0.5/ Software version T869UVLG7
- Important: Verify you have backed up all of your data, including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
- On the PC, open the Kies application.
- Connect the device to the computer using the included USB cable.
- Once Kies recognizes the device, a popup window will appear.
- Click Update.
- Read the Caution statements and select the I have read... check box.
- If desired, select Allow saving to back up the device. If not, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- The software will download to the PC, and then to the device.
- When the update completes, the 'Firmware Upgrade Complete' window will appear.
- Device will power cycle; do not turn off device.