Understanding the Issue
- After connecting to Wi-Fi, connection drops shortly after.
- Cannot connect to Wi-Fi network that used to work before update.
- Device shows connected but will not pull data.
Help & How to
What to expect
Update to the latest software version. It resolves any device software problems.
Optimizing Wi-Fi performance and reception
To optimize Wi-Fi performance on the device, follow these steps:
- From the Settings menu, touch Wi-Fi.
- Touch Menu.
- Touch Advanced.
- For Best Wi-Fi Performance, touch On.
- For Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep, touch Always.
On your home router:
- Turn off Hidden SSID.
- Turn of MAC filtering.
- Reboot the router.
- Reset the router to default settings, if other steps are not helping.
Note: T-Mobile does not provide support for your home router. please contact the manufacturer for help.
If problems continue, try the phone on other Wi-Fi networks to see if it works properly. If it connects normally, then the problem is with your specific router or internet connection.